Subject: [Gendispatch] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-halpern-gendispatch-consensusinformational-00.txt

From: Joel Halpern <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 11:06:22 -0500

Eric and I have put together a very short draft making a very small 
update to RFC 2026.   If the chairs consider it useful, I would be happy 
to stand up for a few minutes to explain why we are proposing this and 
answer questions.

Thank you,
Joel

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-halpern-gendispatch-consensusinformational-00.txt
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 08:00:44 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

         Title           : IETF Stream Documents Require IETF Rough 
Consensus
         Authors         : Joel M. Halpern
                           Eric K. Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-halpern-gendispatch-consensusinformational-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
    This document proposes that the IETF never publish any IEtF stream
    RFCs without IETF rough consensus.  This updates RFC 2026.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-halpern-gendispatch-consensusinformational/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-halpern-gendispatch-consensusinformational-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-halpern-gendispatch-consensusinformational-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: "Pete Resnick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 12:28:31 -0600

On 4 Nov 2019, at 10:06, Joel Halpern wrote:

> update to RFC 2026.   If the chairs consider it useful, I would be 
> happy to stand up for a few minutes to explain why we are proposing 
> this and answer questions.

That seems like a perfectly good item for the agenda. Consider it added.

pr
-- 
Pete Resnick https://www.episteme.net/
All connections to the world are tenuous at best

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 13:17:34 +1300

1.

>    The IETF MUST NOT publish RFCs on the IETF stream without IETF rough
>    consensus.

Yes. I think that's become the de facto practice, and it certainly seems
correct.

2. Do we want to start a trend of small updates for single items in
RFC2026, or do we want to start a wider effort? I ask because, if we do
start publishing one-sentence fixes like this one, there are liable
to be a lot of them.

Regards
   Brian