Subject: [Gendispatch] Calculating Traffic

From: Rob Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 23:44:19 -0700

Hi,

What would be the best way to estimate a mailing list participant's byte
count? I think it would be best to clip the headers and such, but maybe
others have studied this problem more closely.

I haven't seen any recent efforts along these lines.

thanks,
Rob

---

From: Dan Harkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 23:48:40 -0700

On 8/23/20 11:44 PM, Rob Sayre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What would be the best way to estimate a mailing list participant's 
> byte count? I think it would be best to clip the headers and such, but 
> maybe others have studied this problem more closely.
>

   Probably because it's pointless.

   Dan.