Subject: Re: [Idnet] //Informal on-site meeting in IETF99 for applying AI/ML into network management

From: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 18:00:51 +0000

I am trying set up a meeting place for Tuesday (July 18th) morning 8am~9am, will send the meeting room information later to these who expressed their interests for on-site meeting directly, including these who preferred Thursday morning. If there are any people would like to join, please contact me before the meeting time.

Regards,

Sheng

Hi, all,

Although there was a few efforts to organize AI-relevant works in IETF/IRTF, so far we have not convergent on a solid common interest area that some of us could start to work together towards some-level of standardization. Let’s try again with a smaller scope. We would like to call interests on applying AI/ML into NETWORK MANAGEMENT. The target would be to have a dedicated session to discuss AI-based network management in the NMRG in IETF100 or IETF101.

I am trying set up a meeting place for Tuesday or Thursday before the morning session. These who are interested please send me an email with your preferred day. I will send the information later to on-site participants who expressed interests directly. Giving that the meetecho is only for formal WG/RG meetings, I am afraid it is almost impossible for remote participant. In the past, we did use webex. But the quality is bad without professional meeting equipment. It was bad to bridge four people on site with one remote participant.

Regards,

Sheng

---

From: Henk Birkholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 21:13:26 +0200

Hello Sheng,

most of my activities target to facilitate AI/ML "some day". It is a long route and most call that work "boiling the sea" in respect to minimal viable solutions, so I would come and listen, if you reach a critical mass of 10+ attendees. Are you able to estimate number of participants?

Viele Grüße,

Henk 

On July 16, 2017 8:00:51 PM GMT+02:00, Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I am trying set up a meeting place for Tuesday (July 18th) morning
>8am~9am, will send the meeting room information later to these who
>expressed their interests for on-site meeting directly, including these
>who preferred Thursday morning. If there are any people would like to
>join, please contact me before the meeting time.
>
>Regards,
>
>Sheng
>
>Hi, all,
>
>Although there was a few efforts to organize AI-relevant works in
>IETF/IRTF, so far we have not convergent on a solid common interest
>area that some of us could start to work together towards some-level of
>standardization. Let’s try again with a smaller scope. We would like to
>call interests on applying AI/ML into NETWORK MANAGEMENT. The target
>would be to have a dedicated session to discuss AI-based network
>management in the NMRG in IETF100 or IETF101.
>
>I am trying set up a meeting place for Tuesday or Thursday before the
>morning session. These who are interested please send me an email with
>your preferred day. I will send the information later to on-site
>participants who expressed interests directly. Giving that the meetecho
>is only for formal WG/RG meetings, I am afraid it is almost impossible
>for remote participant. In the past, we did use webex. But the quality
>is bad without professional meeting equipment. It was bad to bridge
>four people on site with one remote participant.
>
>Regards,
>
>Sheng
>_______________________________________________
>IDNET mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idnet

-- 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

---

From: Pedro Martinez-Julia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 06:44:03 +0900

Dear Sheng Jiang,

Please infirm me. Thank you.

Regards,
Pedro

-- 
Pedro Martinez-Julia
Network Science and Convergence Device Technology Laboratory
Network System Research Institute
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT)
4-2-1, Nukui-Kitamachi, Koganei, Tokyo 184-8795, Japan
Email: [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------
*** Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem ***

---

From: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 12:10:15 +0000

Hi, Henk,

We do not have an agenda or materials to present in tomorrow’s informal on-site meeting. It is actually a meeting for calling contributors and actions. I personally expect participators to volunteer some works rather than listening. We had such model in NMLRG. We had 5 meetings cross 4 IETF, each of meeting we have 100+ listeners, but we had only several contributors. That’s why NMLRG does make it any longer. So far, 15+ people expressed their interests and I have informed them the meeting place. Even so, I cannot guarantee the number of attendees and the number of contributors.

Regards,

Sheng

发件人: IDNET [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 Henk Birkholz
发送时间: 2017年7月17日 3:13
收件人: [email-masked]
主题: Re: [Idnet] //Informal on-site meeting in IETF99 for applying AI/ML into network management

Hello Sheng,

Viele Grüße,

Henk
On July 16, 2017 8:00:51 PM GMT+02:00, Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Regards,

Sheng

Hi, all,

Regards,

Sheng

________________________________

IDNET mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idnet