Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-00.txt

From: "Murali Rajagopal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 17:05:16 -0800

FYI:

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 3:44 AM
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Storage Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Fibre Channel Over TCP/IP (FCIP)
	Author(s)	: M. Rajagopal, R. Bhagwat et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 31-Oct-00

Fibre Channel (FC) is a dominant technology  used  in  Storage Area
Networks (SAN).  The purpose of this draft is to specify a standard
standard way of encapsulating FC frames over TCP/IP and to describe
mechanisms that allow islands of FC SANs to be interconnected  over
IP-based  networks.  FC  over  TCP/IP  relies  on IP-based  network
services to provide the connectivity  between the SAN  islands over
LANs, MANs, or WANs.  The FC  over TCP/IP specification relies upon
TCP for congestion  control and management and upon both TCP and FC
for data error  and data loss recovery.  FC over TCP/IP  treats all
classes of FC frames the same -- as datagrams.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-00.txt