Subject: [IPP] WS-discovery binding for IPP Everywhere

From: Justin Hutchings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 18:20:47 +0000

All,
Per the discussion at this week's face to face, I mocked up an example of how to do discovery of an IPP endpoint using ws-discovery. Since WS-discovery doesn't especially care what matching semantic model is used, I would propose that we just reuse the LDAP model to simplify the development experience for people. The only unique descriptions we'll need are to establish some keywords that describe the different IPP protocols, like IPP Everywhere print, scan, fax, etc. That should be pretty trivial, as we just need to name them and publish a schema.

How does this look?

Thanks!
Justin

Example probe message:
<s:Envelope
     xmlns:a="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing"
     xmlns:d="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/04/discovery"
     xmlns:ippe="http://pwg.org/2012/08/ipp-everywhere"
     xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope" >
   <s:Header>
     <a:Action>
       http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/04/discovery/Probe
     </a:Action>
     <a:MessageID>
       uuid:0a6dc791-2be6-4991-9af1-454778a1917a
     </a:MessageID>
     <a:To>urn:schemas-xmlsoap-org:ws:2005:04:discovery</a:To>
   </s:Header>
   <s:Body>
     <d:Probe>
       <d:Types>ippe:Print</d:Types>
       <d:Scopes
    MatchBy="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/04/discovery/ldap" >
         ldap:///ou=engineering,o=examplecom,c=us
       </d:Scopes>
     </d:Probe>
   </s:Body>
 </s:Envelope>

Justin Hutchings | Program Manager | Windows\DNT\DeviceConnectivity::Printing and Imaging

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp