Subject: [IPP] LDAP Printer Schema (3 April 2012)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 20:23:00 -0400

Hi,

Pat - we'll review this version briefly next week at the PWG IPP
teleconference
at 3-5pm EDT Monday 9 April 2012 and in more detail at the PWG/Open
Printing
Summit during the IPP WG session 1-5pm PDT 25 April 2012.  We're still not
assigning OIDs to the few new attributes, because we're waiting for the
chosen
set to stabilize (at April PWG/OPS meeting).

I've just posted a second Internet-Draft of LDAP Schema for PrinterServices to:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-01-20120403.txt
 - plaintext Internet-Draft format (warning - contains explicit formfeed
characters)

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-01-20120403.pdf
 - line numbered PDF of plaintext - use this version for review, please

This document has already been accepted and posted to the IETF I-D
repository.

This document was created by revising the original LDAP Schema for Printer
Services [RFC3712].

This version adds new IPP directory attributes proposed in Table 1 of
section 4.1
Printer Description Attributes Used in Discovery in the latest draft of PWG
IPP
Everywhere 1.0.

Cheers,
- Ira

---------------------------------------
Change History:

   3 April 2012 - draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-01.txt
   - Second draft - for IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP Everywhere project

   - Global - changed [IPPEVE1] to [PWG5100.EVE] and [IPPJPS3] to
   [PWG5100.JPS3], per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 1.1, to add printer-charge-info-uri and
   printer-uuid to discussion of URI syntax, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
   review.

   - Revised section 1.2 and section 1.3, to add printer-device-id to
   discussions of equality and substring matching, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP
   WG review.

   - Revised section 3.2, section 4, and section 7.2, to delete
   redundant printer-organization and printer-organizational-unit
   (already covered by 'O' and 'OU'), per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 3.2, section 4, and section 7.2, to add missing
   printer-charge-info, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 3.5, section 4, and section 7.2, to rename
   printer-ipp-extensions-supported to printer-ipp-features-supported,
   per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised numerous section 4 subsections, to add references to
   [IANAIPP] or [RFC3805] as appropriate for enumerations and keywords,
   per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 4.2, to add 'negotiate' as value for 'auth' and
   references to [PWG5100.JPS3], [RFC4559], and [IANAIPP], per IEEE-ISTO
   PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 4.2, to use 'example.com' for all DNS names, per
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 4.22 and section 4.23, to add normative reference
   to PWG Media Standardized Names [PWG5101.1], per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
   review.

   - Revised section 4.24, to divide notes into two separate paragraphs,
   per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 4.31, section 4.32, and section 4.33, to change
   'Values ...  include' to 'Values ...  are' (i.e., closed set), per
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 4.35 printer-device-id, to add warning about
   ordering of required key/value pairs (first) and truncation only at
   key/value pair boundaries for interoperability, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP
   WG review.

   - Revised section 4, to add printer-charge-info from [PWG5100.JPS3],
   per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 4.38 printer-geo-location, to change 'should' to
   'must' for conformance to [RFC5870], per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 4.39, to change printer-ipp-extensions-supported to
   printer-ipp-features-supported per [PWG5100.JPS3] and add examples,
   per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 4 subsection printer-uuid, to change 'should' to
   'must' for conformance to [RFC4122], per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 10 References, to update out-of-date references.

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp