Subject: [IPP] LDAP Printer Schema (20 May 2012)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 18:53:04 -0400

Hi,

Pat - we'll review this version in detail next month at the PWG
Face-to-Face
during the IPP WG session 1-5pm PDT 6 June 2012.  We hope to forward
this version to the IETF Applications Area Directors for eventual IETF Last
Call (first, probably review by LDAP experts).

I *have* assigned OIDs to the few new attributes, because we have a stable
set chosen in section 4.1 of the IPP Everywhere spec.

I've just posted a third Internet-Draft of LDAP Schema for Printer Services
to:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-02-20120520.txt
 - plaintext Internet-Draft format (warning - contains explicit formfeed
characters)

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-02-20120520.pdf
 - line numbered PDF of plaintext - use this version for review, please

This document has already been accepted and posted to the IETF I-D
repository.

This document was created by revising the original LDAP Schema for Printer
Services [RFC3712].

Cheers,
- Ira

---------------------------------------
Change History:

   20 May 2012 - draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-02.txt

   - Third draft - for IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP Everywhere project

   - Cover - changed intended category to Standards Track for
   consistency w/ recent LDAP schema specs and IPP Everywhere
   recommendations.

   - Global - replace 'must' w/ 'MUST', 'should' w/ 'SHOULD', and 'may'
   w/ 'can' or 'MAY' (as appropriate) for Standards Track document.

   - Global - updated publication and expiration dates in copyright,
   header, footer, and boilerplate.

   - Global - replaced [RFC1759] references (obsolete) w/ [RFC 3805],
   per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Global - replaced lowercase 'printer' with titlecase 'Printer' for
   readability and consistency with IPP standards usage.

   - Revised section 1, to correct format of reference to IPP JPS3, per
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 3.5, section 4.1, and section 4.2 to add references
   to IPP and IPPS URI scheme specs, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 4.2 to correct reference for 'digest' and add
   reference for 'certificate' to [RFC5280], per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
   review.

   - Revised sections 4.5, 4.6, 4.8, 4.29, 4.30, and 4.36 to add note
   about use of Network Unicode [RFC5198] and prohibition against all C0
   and C1 control characters except HT, CR, and LF, per IEEE-ISTO PWG
   IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 4.9 to enumerate all known IPP versions (noting
   that IPP/1.0 is OBSOLETE) and refer to IANA IPP Registry, per
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 4.22 to replace legacy examples w/ examples of
   media size names, media types, and media colors defined in
   [PWG5101.1], per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 4.24 to delete obscure note about delimiter, per
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised sections 4.25, 4.31, 4.32, and 4.33 to add note about use
   of 'unknown' (out-of-band value) ONLY when the correspond IPP or
   Printer MIB attributes are not present (i.e., artifact of LDAP
   mapping), per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 4.39 to add exhaustive list of feature keywords
   from [PWG5100.JPS3] and [PWG5100.EVE], per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
   review.

   - Added section 4.x 'printer-device-service-count' aligned w/
   "device-service-count" in [PWG5100.JPS3], per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
   review.

   - Added section 4.x 'printer-device-uuid' aligned w/ "device-uuid" in
   [PWG5100.JPS3], per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised sections 4.x to add length restrictions to unbounded
   strings (text, URI, and UUID) w/ maximum 255 octets (consistent w/
   RFC 3712), verify attribute lengths (per source IPP attribute), and
   clarify "list of" (comma-delimited) versus "one of" (simple
   multi-valued) for all 'printer-xxx-supported' attributes, per
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 7.2 to assign new OIDs for the LDAP Printer Schema
   new attributes, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 10.1 to add BCP 14 to [RFC2119] definition, per
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Revised section 10.1 and section 10.2 to move [RFC2617], [RFC3987],
   [RFC4122], [RFC5198], [RFC5246], [RFC5280], [RFC5870], [STD63] from
   informative to normative references, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp