Subject: [IPP] LDAP Printer Schema (18 November 2012)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 23:08:58 -0500

Hi,

Pat - we'll review this version in detail next month at the PWG
Face-to-Face
during the IPP WG session 9am-12pm Pacific 6 December 2012.  We hope
to forward this version to the IETF Applications Area Directors for
eventual
IETF Last Call (first, probably review by LDAP experts).

I *have* assigned OIDs to the few new attributes, because we have a stable
set chosen in section 4.1 of the IPP Everywhere spec.

I've just posted a fourth Internet-Draft of LDAP Schema for PrinterServices to:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-03-20121118.txt
 - plaintext Internet-Draft format (warning - contains explicit formfeed
characters)

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-03-20121118.pdf
 - line numbered PDF of plaintext - use this version for review, please

This document has already been accepted and posted to the IETF I-D
repository.

This document was created by revising the original LDAP Schema for Printer
Services [RFC3712].

Cheers,
- Ira

---------------------------------------

Change History:

   18 November 2012 - draft-mcdonald-ldap-printer-schema-03.txt
   - Fourth draft - for IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG

   - Global - updated publication and expiration dates in copyright,
   header, footer, and boilerplate.

   - Global - updated contact info for Pat Fleming.

   - Global - updated various references.

   - Global - added references to IEEE-ISTO PWG and IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP
   WG, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Global - deleted all references to PWG IPP Everywhere and values
   defined in that specification, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Global - deleted 'printer-device-uuid' attribute, per IEEE-ISTO PWG
   IPP WG review.

   - Global - revised all 'One of' attributes to add implementation note
   that multiple values are represented as multiple instances, per
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Global - revised all 'List of' attributes to add implementation
   note that length overflow is handled by multiple instances, per
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Global - revised many DESC clauses to correct truncation due to
   no-fill formatting, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 4 Definition of Attribute Types to add
   implementation note recommending use of Network Unicode [RFC5198],
   recommending against the use of DEL or any C0 or C1 control
   characters (except HT, CR, and LF), and recommending against HT, CR,
   and LF in names (e.g., printer-name or printer-aliases), per
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 4 Definition of Attribute Types to add
   implementation note contrasting 'List of xxx' and 'One of xxx' and
   stating that any of these attributes can be represented as multiple
   instances (e.g., to avoid length overflow), per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
   review.

   - Global - revised all comma-delimited examples to include both
   single- and multi-valued examples, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 4.2 printer-xri-supported text and
   examples to show optional *trailing* whitespace after '<' delimiters,
   per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 4.3 printer-name to break
   recommendations into separate implementation notes, per IEEE-ISTO PWG
   IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 4.20 printer-number-up-supported to add
   note explaining that this differs from the corresponding IPP
   attribute and is mapped from the largest reported value in IPP, per
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 4.22 printer-media-supported to
   separate examples of media sizes, types, and colors, per IEEE-ISTO
   PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 4.24 printer-resolution-supported text
   and examples to show optional *trailing* whitespace after '>'
   delimiters, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 4.34 printer-aliases to add Network
   Unicode note like printer-name, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 4.35 printer-device-id to explicitly
   list the required key/value pairs as in PWG IPP Everywhere, per
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 4.37 printer-uuid to add example of a
   valid UUID per [RFC4122], per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 4.36 printer-device-service-count to
   add example, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 4.39 printer-charge-info-uri to add
   example, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 4.40 printer-geo-location to add
   example of a value 'geo:' URI per [RFC5870], per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
   review.

   - Editorial - revised section 4.41 printer-ipp-features-supported to
   delete 'ipp-everywhere' and add 'unknown' (with explanation), per
   IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 7 IANA Considerations to correct
   truncation of some OIDs, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 7.2 Registration of Attribute Types to
   delete issue for OID assignments, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 8 Internalization Considerations to add
   detailed note about Network Unicode [RFC5198] and avoiding use of C0
   and C1 control characters, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - revised section 9 Security Considerations to add note
   about security vulnerabilities cause by use of DEL or any C0 or C1
   control characters in names, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG review.

   - Editorial - added appendix B Abbreviations, per IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP
   WG review.

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp