Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (8 January 2017)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 17:46:36 -0500

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the IPP WG call this week:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20170108-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20170108-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

Summary:  All pending edits from 14 December 2016 IPP WG.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:

8 January 2017

- Interim draft – changes per IPP WG review on 14 December 2016
- global – accepted all changes per complete review at last IPP WG call
- global – revised copyright year in headers, footers, and preface
- global – simplified text at start of all Request and Response operation
sections and moved all conformance requirements from Response section
header to first paragraphs in operation definitions
- global – changed typo “Subcription” to “Subscription”
- global – changed “[PWG5106.06]” reference to “[PWG5108.03]” in Resource
operations
- global – deleted references in response attributes in section 6
- global – revised section 6 IPP Operations to reorder clauses of all
operation definitions for consistency and to localize state changes to a
single paragraph beginning “If accepted, the System MUST…”
- global – checked for remaining references to obsolete RFC 3381 and RFC
3382 – none
- revised section 4.6 Resource Object to change “scope of allocation” to
“allocation scope”
- revised section 5.10 Job Status Attributes to change “support the the” to
“support the”
- revised section 6.2.2.1 Create-Resource Request to delete
“resource-format” request attribute
- revised section 6.2.2.2 Create-Resource Response to add multi-valued
“resource-format” response attribute based on specified “resource-type” in
request
- revised section 6.2.6.1 Send-Resource-Data Request to add
“resource-format”
- revised section 6.2.5 Install-Resource to change to ““resource state” is
not 'available’ or the "resource-state-reasons" includes
'install-requested'…” and “System MUST validate any Resource signature
supplied…”
- revised section 6.2.5 Install-Resource and section 6.2.6
Send-Resource-Data to also refer to US NIST [FIPS186-4] and ENISA
Algorithms [ENISAALG] for signature validation
- revised section 6.2.5.1 Install-Resource Request to add missing period
- revised section 6.2.6 Send-Resource-Data to change to ““resource-state”
is not ‘pending’…” and “System SHOULD validate any Resource signature
supplied…”
- revised section 7.1.11 resource-signature, to describe recommended
support for signature override and forward reference section 12 Security
Considerations for details of digital signature handling issues
- revised section 12 Security Considerations with text imported from IPP 3D
(and expanded) and new sections for Digital Signature Validation and
Encrypted Resources (not just TLS data-in-transit)
- revised section 14.1 Normative References to add references to US NIST
[FIPS186-4] and ENISA Algorithms [ENISAALG]
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp