Subject: [IPP] Posted IPP System Service (14 March 2017)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 08:35:13 -0400

Hi,

I have just posted another Interim draft of IPP System Service for
review during the IPP WG call this week:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20170314-rev.pdf
  - PDF with line numbers and redlines

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippsystem10-20170314-rev.docx
  - MS Word source with line numbers and redlines

Summary:  All pending edits from 14 February 2017 and PWG F2F review.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History:
14 March 2017

- Interim draft – changes per PWG F2F review on 14 February 2017
- global – accepted all changes per complete review at PWG F2F
- global – deleted the redundant and confusing phrase “optional to supply”
(with a lowercase conformance keyword) in numerous places
- global – revised all Printer operations to return at least “printer-id”,
“printer-uuid”, “printer-xri-supported”, “printer-state”,
“printer-state-reasons”, and “printer-is-accepting-jobs”
- global – revised section 14 References to use https://tools.ietf.org/ for
all RFCs and revise all Unicode references to latest versions
- revised section 5.2 System Description Attributes Table 1 to add note 11
for “resource-type-supported” for Create-Resource operation (previously
note 10 was overloaded)
- revised section 6.1.1 Allocate-Printer-Resources to add all request and
response attributes
- revised section 6.1.3 Deallocate-Printer-Resources to add all request and
response attributes
- revised section 6.1.4 Delete-Printer to add all request and response
attributes
- revised section 6.1.7 Shutdown-One-Printer to add all request and
response attributes
- revised section 6.1.8.2 Startup-One-Printer Response to add all response
attributes
- revised section 6.4 System Operations to add all request and response
attributes
- revised section 6.4.5 Pause-All-Printers, section 6.4.9
Resume-All-Printers, section 6.4.11 Shutdown-All-Printers, and section
6.4.12 Startup-All-Printers to add appropriate parenthetical clauses for
transitional value of “printer-state-reasons”
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp