Subject: [IPP] Fwd: US NIST Draft Whitepaper: Profiles for the Lightweight Cryptography Standardization Process

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 10:32:58 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mouha, Nicky W. (IntlAssoc) <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, May 2, 2017 at 10:06 AM
Subject: [Lwc-forum] Draft Whitepaper: Profiles for the Lightweight
Cryptography Standardization Process
To: LWC-forum <[email-masked]>

Dear subscribers of the NIST Lightweight Crypto forum,

NIST announces the Draft Whitepaper "Profiles for the Lightweight
Cryptography Standardization Process." This document describes the first
two profiles for NIST's lightweight cryptography project. Profile I
provides authenticated encryption with associated data (AEAD) and hashing
functionalities for both hardware-oriented and software-oriented
constrained environments. Profile II provides AEAD only in
hardware-oriented constrained environments.

The final versions of these profiles will be the foundation of submission
requirements for the first algorithms in NIST's lightweight cryptography
portfolio.

The scope of NIST's Lightweight Cryptography project is defined in NISTIR
8114: https://doi.org/10.6028/NIST.IR.8114

The Draft Whitepaper, along with instructions on how to send comments, can
be found here:  http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/
whitepapers/2017/profiles-lwc-std-proc-draft.pdf

Comments are due by: *June 16, 2017*

Additional information on the Lightweight Cryptography standardization
process can be found here: https://beta.csrc.nist.gov/projects/lightweight-
cryptography

Sincerely,

Nicky

On behalf of the Lightweight Crypto Team

_______________________________________________
Lwc-forum mailing list
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp