Subject: [IPP] Posted Stable JDFMAP with Last Call responses (4 July 2017)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 18:42:23 -0400

Hi,

STABLE draft - per the PWG Last Call of JDFMAP Best Practices from
05/18/17 to 06/15/17

For review and approval at IPP WG calls, I have just posted a new
Stable draft of JDFMAP at:

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/sm3/wd/wd-smjdfmap10-20170704-rev.pdf
  - PDF of revisions with line numbers

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/sm3/wd/wd-smjdfmap10-20170704-rev.docx
  - MS Word source of revisions with line numbers

  http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/sm3/wd/lcrc-smjdfmap10-20170704.txt
  - Last Call Response Changes with reviewer sources

Rainer - Due to lack of prototype implementations, this document is
now being advanced as a PWG Best Practices recommendation.

Cheers,
- Ira

-------------------------------
Change History

4 July 2017 – JDFMAP update from PWG Last Call

* July 2017 – draft in SM WG – from 05/18/17 to 06/15/17 PWG Last Call
- Accepted or rejected various previous changes per PWG Last Call
- Global – changed “[RFC2911]” to “[RFC8011]”
- Global – changed “this specification” to “this Best Practices document”
- Revised page 2 to change date range of copyright to “2011-2017” and
change “PWG standard” or “PWG specification” to “PWG Best Practices
document” for clarity
- Revised section 1 Introduction to change “normative” to “recommended”
- Restored section 2.1 Conformance Terminology, but deleted MUST, MUST NOT,
REQUIRED, and CONDITIONALLY REQUIRED (not used in Best Practices)
- Revised section 2.2 Printing Terminology to change “Normative
definitions” to “Definitions”
- Revised section 3 Requirements to change “this document” to “this Best
Practices document” and to capitalize “Printer” throughout
- Revised section 3.1 Rationale for Mapping of JDF to PJT to delete
“Originally,” prefix from three sentences and correct several tense errors
- Revised section 3.3 Out-of-Scope for Mapping of JDF to PJT to change
“specification” to “Best Practices document”
- Revised section 3.4 Design Requirements for Mapping of JDF to PJT to
change “specification” to “Best Practices document”
- Revised section 4 Mapping of CIP4 Job Definition Format (JDF) to change
“MUST” to “SHOULD” but preserve the “MustHonor” in Table 1
- Revised section 5 title to “Conformance Recommendations” and added
“Conformance Recommendations” suffix to subsection titles
- Revised section 5 Conformance Recommendations to delete entire first
paragraph (which paraphrased PWG Best Practices document characteristics
and conflicted with PWG Process 3.0)
- Revised section 6 Internationalization Considerations to reject all
modifications to first paragraph (which conflicted with the PWG document
template), change “MUST” to “SHOULD”, correct word order in several
paragraphs, and change “are advised to also review” to “SHOULD also
consider”
- Revised section 7 Security Considerations to reject all modifications to
first paragraph (which conflicted with the PWG document template), change
“MUST” to “SHOULD”, correct word order in several paragraphs, and change
“are advised to also review” to “SHOULD also consider”
- Revised section 9 References to update [UNICODE] to current version 10.0
(June 2017) and correct several broken URIs
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp