Subject: Draft minutes, IPSP at 56th IETF

From: "The Purple Streak, Hilarie Orman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:13:25 -0600

[sorry these have been so late; augmentation and corrections are
urged, as are copies of presentations; send them to me and
[email-masked].  Hilarie]

Working group: IPSP
 
There were no comments during the traditional minute reserved for
agenda bashing.

WG Status.    - Hilarie Orman summarized the document status:
 
 Sent to Security ADs on 2002/8/27.
 	- IPsec Policy Requirements (informational)
 	- IPsec Configuration Policy Model
 	- IPsec Policy Information Base (informational)
 
The IESG reviewed documents and provided feedback on the first two.
The authors discussed the commetns with the AD's, made changes, and
resubmitted the drafts.  The drafts are marked in the ID tracker with
dependencies, and thus, the PIB will not be reviewed until the
Configuration Policy Model has been resubmitted.  The chairs believe
that this has been done and that the AD should take action.
 
The MIB draft received extensive discussion and is dependent on the
IPSec DOI MIB which only recently was submitted to the IESG;
discussion with the IPSec chairs revealed that IPSec intends to
advance all of its MIB documents simultaneously and expects quick
approval.  We will proceed with the IPSP MIB document on that assumption.

Other charter items for the WG has received some interest, but there
has not been enough momentum to produce results.  These items are the
protocol for discovering security pathways (gateway sequences with
compatible policies) and the API for reading/writing IPSec policy in
an running system, much like PF_KEY.  We need volunteers to work on
these items.

2) Eric Vyncke, IPsec Policy Configuration Model.

The name of this document has changed to: IPsec Policy Configuration
Information Model.  Some changes in latest draft were due to new
features in DMTF specification.  There are some conflicts with newer
DMTF direction vs IPsec direction.  There have been problems keeping
in contact with the DMTF work; our liason to the DMTF has abandoned
his role.

3) Man Li, PIB document
    Has been sent to IESG and review is pending (see above).
 
4) Wes Hardarker, IPSP - IPsec Policy MIB.
    This has received feedback from ADs, but isn't in IESG last-call.
    - multiple vendors planning implementations
    - switch to SNMP model of encoding some integer types, and various rules.
 
5) Bill Sommerfield reports no progress on PF_POLICY.  Seeking volunteers.
 
6) Luis Sanchez, SPP presentation (same as 1998); seeking volunteers.
 
7) Working group charter discussion.