Subject: ipSecIfCapsTable not many attributes

From: "Félix J.García Clemente" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 18:49:31 +0200

Hello all,
I am including a complete support for the Framework PIB and the IPSec
PIB in my own COPS-PR implementation.
I have noted that IPSec PIB includes the table ipSecIfCapsTable to
specify capabilities that may be associated with an interface.
This table has not many attributes, are you going to add new attributes
or capability tables?

I think this is necessary. For example, an interface may not support
'policy reload', i.e. to apply a policy forces to restart the interface,
or even an attribute may specify the cryptography system supported
(symmetric or asymmetric, or both).

Regards,
Félix

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:39:43 +0900

Hi,

First let me say how glad I am to hear about another implementation of 
the PIB.

My first issue is that since the ID has been through WG last call and 
is currently in IESG review and MIB doctor review, I would not like to 
pull it back to add a major new capability for anything less then a 
show stopper at this point.

Further on the specific issue:

While capabilities are important, the Framework PIB has comprehensive 
capability mechanism, that should cover the requirements.

thanks

a.