Subject: NEW RELATIONS: timegate ; timemap ; memento ; original

From: Herbert van de Sompel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 08:42:14 -0600

o  Relation Name: timegate

   o  Description: A link with a timegate Relation Type is used to
point from an Original Resource or from a Memento for an Original
Resource to a TimeGate for the Original Resource. A Memento is a prior
version of the Original Resource. A TimeGate supports datetime
negotiation to allow obtaining prior versions of the Original
Resource.

   o  Reference: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vandesompel-memento/

   o  Notes: Used in the Memento "Time Travel for the Web" framework.

===

   o  Relation Name: timemap

   o  Description: A link with a timemap Relation Type is used to
point from an Original Resource, from a TimeGate for an Original
Resource, or from a Memento for an Original Resource to a TimeMap
resource. A TimeMap resource makes available a list of Mementos of the
Original Resource that are known to the server that hosts the TimeMap.
A Memento is a prior version of the Original Resource. A TimeGate
supports datetime negotiation to allow obtaining prior versions of the
Original Resource.

   o  Reference: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vandesompel-memento/

   o  Notes: Used in the Memento "Time Travel for the Web" framework.

===

   o  Relation Name: memento

   o  Description: A link with a memento Relation Type is used to
point from an Original Resource, from a TimeGate for an Original
Resource, or from a Memento for an Original Resource to a Memento for
the Original Resource. A Memento is a prior version of the Original
Resource. A TimeGate supports datetime negotiation to allow obtaining
prior versions of the Original Resource.

   o  Reference: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vandesompel-memento/

   o  Notes: Used in the Memento "Time Travel for the Web" framework.

===

   o  Relation Name: original

   o  Description: A link with an original Relation Type is used to
point from a TimeGate for an Original Resource or from a Memento for
an Original Resource to their Original Resource. A Memento is a prior
version of the Original Resource. A TimeGate supports datetime
negotiation to allow obtaining prior versions of the Original
Resource.

   o  Reference: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vandesompel-memento/

   o  Notes: Used in the Memento "Time Travel for the Web" framework.

-- 
Herbert Van de Sompel
Digital Library Research & Prototyping
Los Alamos National Laboratory, Research Library
http://public.lanl.gov/herbertv/

==