Subject: Re: [lisp] #63: On the use of anycast addresses for RLOCs (from Y. Rekhter's review)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 04:18:23 -0000

#63: On the use of anycast addresses for RLOCs (from Y. Rekhter's review)

Changes (by terry.manderson@…):

  * status:  reopened => resolved
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 The current draft (-11) text is:

    Note that more than one CE router at a site can be configured with
    the same IP address.  In this case an RLOC is an anycast address.
    This allows resilience between the CE routers.  That is, if a CE
    router fails, traffic is automatically routed to the other routers
    using the same anycast address.  However, this comes with the
    disadvantage where the site cannot control the entrance point when
    the anycast route is advertised out from all border routers.  Another
    disadvantage of using anycast locators is the limited advertisement
    scope of /32 (or /128 for IPv6) routes.

 Adding in sections about constraining the use of anycasted RLOCs falls in
 an operations document. If such a document dealing with anycasted RLOC
 operation comes into existence as a BCP, then the recommendation can live
 there.

 The text above highlights the concern about ingress in anycast. I think
 that is sufficient in this case.

 I am resolving and closing this ticket.

 Terry
 (co-chair)

-- 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |        Owner:                 
    Type:  technical                      |       Status:  resolved       
Priority:  major                          |    Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                              |   Resolution:  fixed          
Keywords:                                 |  
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/63#comment:6>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues

---

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 04:18:45 -0000

* status:  resolved => closed

    Type:  technical                      |       Status:  closed         

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/63#comment:7>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues