Subject: [lisp] LISP support in Wireshark

From: Lori Jakab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 13:19:41 +0200

Folks,

As some of you know, I have been maintaining a patch to add LISP packet
dissection support in Wireshark for almost a year now. This personal
project has reached an important milestone today, as it was accepted for
inclusion into the official Wireshark tree by the upstream developers,
and committed as revision 36845 in SVN trunk. You can get the code with:

svn co http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/wireshark/trunk wireshark

This means that the next development release of Wireshark (v1.5.2) will
include LISP support. Since the Wireshark project releases binaries for
development releases, compiling from source will not be necessary at
that point, and you will be able to download and install binaries from
the official Wireshark download page with LISP support. This will be
useful especially for those who (for whatever reason) need to use
Wireshark on Windows, where compiling from source is a complex and time
consuming endeavor (I actually was too discouraged to try it myself).

Once the 1.6.x next stable branch of Wireshark will be released, LISP
support will become even more ubiquitous, as distributions update to
shipping with that branch by default.

As always, feedback is welcome, and I'm especially grateful for .pcap
files with packets that are currently not correctly decoded by my patch.
Note that if you need the latest features (I'm already working on
additional stuff), you should still keep tabs on my Wireshark page:

http://lisp.ccaba.upc.edu/wireshark/

-Lori