Subject: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-alt-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:16:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LISP Alternative Topology (LISP+ALT)
	Author(s)       : Vince Fuller
                          Dino Farinacci
                          Dave Meyer
                          Darrel Lewis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-alt-07.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2011-06-30

   This document describes a simple distributed index system to be used
   by a Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) Ingress Tunnel Router
   (ITR) or Map Resolver (MR) to find the Egress Tunnel Router (ETR)
   which holds the mapping information for a particular Endpoint
   Identifier (EID).  The MR can then query that ETR to obtain the
   actual mapping information, which consists of a list of Routing
   Locators (RLOCs) for the EID.  Termed the Alternative Logical
   Topology (ALT), the index is built as an overlay network on the
   public Internet using the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and the
   Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE).  Using these proven protocols,
   the ALT can be built and deployed relatively quickly without any
   changes to the existing routing infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-alt-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-alt-07.txt

---

From: Vince Fuller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:21:25 -0700

This version contains only one significant semantic change: eliminating the
sentence that says that ITRs can discard more-specific map cache entries.
Several typo/grammar problems were also fixed.

rfcdiff results are attached below.

Thanks go to Alia for finding all of these problems.

	--Vince and Dino

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:16:55 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-alt-07.txt

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-alt-07.txt
_______________________________________________
lisp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp

----- End forwarded message -----