Subject: [lisp] thoughts on re-chartering the WG

From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 17:56:11 -0700

All,

With the WGLC now closed for a set of items I would like to draw your
attention to the charter and milestones set for LISP:

Goals and Milestones:
  Mar 2010 - Submit base LISP specification to the IESG as Experimental
  Mar 2010 - Submit base ALT specification to the IESG as Experimental
  Mar 2010 - Submit the LISP Interworking specification to the IESG as
Experimental
  Jun 2010 - Submit the LISP Map Server specification to the IESG as
Experimental
  Jun 2010 - Submit Recommendations for Securing the LISP Mapping System to
the IESG as Experimental
  Jul 2010 - Submit LISP for Multicast Environments to the IESG as
Experimental
  Dec 2010 - Submit a preliminary analysis as Informational
  Dec 2010 - Re-charter or close.

This suggests (apart from us being a year late on milestones) that two items
remain:

  Dec 2010 - Submit a preliminary analysis as Informational
  Dec 2010 - Re-charter or close.

Given we have a number of adopted WG items coming along:

draft-ietf-lisp-deployment
draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block
draft-ietf-lisp-mib
draft-ietf-lisp-threats
draft-ietf-lisp-sec

I think a discussion on a LISP re-charter is in order.

I suspect we will have time in Quebec to expand on the discussion.

Cheers
Terry