Subject: [lisp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning-02.txt> (LISP Map-Versioning) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 14:57:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Locator/ID Separation Protocol
WG (lisp) to consider the following document:
- 'LISP Map-Versioning'
  <draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning-02.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-09-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the LISP Map-Versioning mechanism, which
   provides in-packet information about EID-to-RLOC mappings used to
   encapsulate LISP data packets.  The proposed approach is based on
   associating a version number to EID-to-RLOC mappings and transport
   such a version number in the LISP specific header of LISP-
   encapsulated packets.  LISP Map-Versioning is particularly useful to
   inform communicating xTRs about modifications of the mappings used to
   encapsulate packets.  The mechanism is transparent to legacy
   implementations, since in the LISP-specific header and in the Map
   Records, bits used for Map-Versioning can be safely ignored by xTRs
   that do not support the mechanism.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.