Subject: [Maprg] CfP - IFIP Networking 2018 - approaching deadline for submission

From: Corinna Schmitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 13:37:53 +0100

[Apologies for cross and multiple postings]

------------------------------------------------------------------

Call for Papers - IFIP Networking 2018
http://networking.ifip.org/2018

The IFIP Networking 2018 Conference (NETWORKING 2018), to be held
in Zurich, Switzerland, is the 17th event of the series, sponsored
by the IFIP Technical Committee on Communication Systems (TC6).
Accepted papers will be published in the IFIP Digital Library and
submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.

The main objective of Networking 2018 is to bring together members
of the networking community, from both academia and industry, to
discuss recent advances in the broad and quickly-evolving fields
of computer and communication networks, to highlight key issues,
identify trends, and develop a vision for future Internet
technology, operation, and use.

The technical sessions will be structured around, but are not
limited to, the following areas:

Network Architectures, Applications and Services
************************************************
Software-defined networking, network (functions) virtualization,
data center networking, cloud/fog computing, information-centric
networking, content distribution, tactile internet, cyber-physical
systems, Internet-of-Things, optical networks, web architectures
and protocols, overlay and P2P networks, evolution of IP network
architectures and protocols, green networking, resilient networks,
network management, traffic engineering, Quality-of-Service,
emerging value-added services and applications.

Network Modeling and Analysis
*****************************
Topology characterization, performance measurements, traffic
monitoring and analysis, use behavior modeling, Quality-of-
Experience, data-driven design, user profiling and tracking,
complex and dynamic networks, analysis of participatory networks,
social networks, socio-economic aspects of networks, pricing and
billing.

Network Security and Privacy
****************************
Network security protocols, trust and privacy, anomaly and malware
detection, denial-of-service detection and mitigation, network
forensics, authentication, applications of privacy-preserving
computation in networks, anonymization, dependability, situational
awareness, threat intelligence, blockchains and their applications.

Wireless Networking
*******************
5G access networks, long-range communication, ad-hoc and mesh
networks, mobile networks, self-organizing networks, wireless
sensor networks, visible light communication, localization,
delay/disruption tolerant networks, opportunistic networks,
wireless power transfer networks, device-to-device communication,
vehicular networks.

Submission Guidelines
*********************
Only full papers (not under submission elsewhere) are considered,
with a total length of not exceeding 9 pages (IEEE two-column
format, 10 pt). Papers must be submitted electronically via EDAS.

Important Dates
***************
Abstract registration:   December 1, 2017 (anywhere on earth)
Full paper submission:   December 8, 2017
Acceptance notification: February 28, 2018
Camera-ready paper:      March 23, 2018
Conference:              May 14-16, 2018

Organizing Committee
********************

General Chair
Burkhard Stiller, University of Zurich, Switzerland

Technical Program Committee Chairs
Claudio Casetti, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Fernando Kuipers, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
James Sterbenz, The University of Kansas, U.S.A.

Steering Committee
Jordi Domingo-Pascual, UPC (Chair), Spain
Andrea Passarella, IIT-CNR, Italy
Aiko Pras, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University, U.S.A.
Jozef Wozniak, Gdansk University of Technology, Poland

Publications Chair
Christian Doeer, TU Delft, The Netherlands

Local Arrangements Chair
Barbara Jost, University of Zurich, Switzerland

Web Chair
Corinna Schmitt, University of Zurich, Switzerland

For further information please refer to:
http://networking.ifip.org/2018

-- 

******************************************************
Dr. Corinna Schmitt
Head of Mobile and Trusted Communications

University of Zurich
Department of Informatics (IFI)
Communication Systems Group (CSG)
Binzmühlestrasse 14
8050 Zürich, Switzerland

Phone: +41 (0)44 6357585
Fax: +41 (0)44 635 6809

[email-masked]
http://www.csg.uzh.ch/staff/schmitt