Subject: RE: Geo pros and cons

From: "Tony Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 11:49:53 -0800

|    You miss the point that the ISPs with the customers 
|    demanding PI space
|    would be the ones that would need to connect to the designated geo
|    interconnects. This aligns the economics with those 
|    creating the need.

You miss the point that those same customers will simply
browbeat the ISPs to advertise longer prefixes.

Tony

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:28:28 -0800

>> You miss the point that the ISPs with the customers demanding PI space
>> would be the ones that would need to connect to the designated geo
>> interconnects. This aligns the economics with those creating the need.
> You miss the point that those same customers will simply browbeat the ISPs
> to advertise longer prefixes.

s/browbeat/pay/

in all cases i know of isps who length filter, they accept just about
anything shorter than a /25 from customers and advertise.  they just
don't expect their peers to always listen.

randy