Subject: Some notes before the WG meeting

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 14:52:57 +0200

The following was mailed to the WG chairs mailinglist as suggested good 
hints for perhaps new WG members coming for the first time. As it is 
also a long time since the multi6 WG last met I though sending this out 
was a good thing :

- - Newcomers can learn a lot ahead of time by reading the Tao of the
IETF at <http://www.ietf.org/tao.html>. The newcomer orientation on
Sunday (this year, at 1PM) is useful, but it is even more useful if
they have read the Tao first.

- - It is a good idea to at least skim the WG archives for the past
four months before the meeting to help  prevent rehashing items that
have already been decided and to help focus on items that need more
review.

- - Similarly, it is a good idea to re-read the WG's charter before the
meeting. Heck, many WG chairs could get value from this...

- - Many IETF areas have area-wide meetings. People who are interested
in more than just one WG can get a feel for what is happening in
other areas by going to these meetings.

- - The "Note Well" notice is serious. It can be found at
<http://www.ietf.org/overview.html>, and will be given on paper in
the registration packets.

Best regards,

- - kurtis -