Subject: RE: draft-ietf-multi6-multihoming-requirements-06.txt

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:57:04 -0700

> Net:
> The real requirements are:
> 
> 	- Provide multihoming
> 	- Provide scalable routing
> 	- Transport survivability

Randy,

I don't believe that there is much disagreement between the anonymous
reviewer and the rough consensus of the WG. IIRC, the "consensus
assessment" of the WG it that this requirement document is a mixed bag
of contradictory wishes, and cannot actually serve as a requirement spec
in a "contractual" way. It is however mildly useful as a list of issues
solution designers should be concerned with. It is also about as good as
it is going to get, and we should move on. Maybe the IESG should
paraphrase that in the application statement...

-- Christian Huitema

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 06:17:10 +0900

> paraphrase that in the application statement...

how about cutting me a break and put that in the document.

randy