Subject: [multimob] Document Action: 'Tuning the Behavior of IGMP and MLD for Routers in Mobile and Wireless Networks' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-multimob-igmp-mld-tuning-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 05:01:41 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Tuning the Behavior of IGMP and MLD for Routers in Mobile and Wireless
   Networks'
  (draft-ietf-multimob-igmp-mld-tuning-05.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multicast Mobility Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-igmp-mld-tuning/

Technical Summary

   IGMP and MLD are the protocols used by hosts and multicast routers to
   exchange their IP multicast group memberships with each other.  This
   document describes the ways of IGMPv3 and MLDv2 protocol optimization
   for mobility, and aims to become a guideline for tuning of IGMPv3/
   MLDv2 Queries and timer and counter values.

WG Summary

  Nothing worth noting outside ordinary WG process.

Document Quality

  Nothing worth noting outside ordinary WG process.

Personnel

  The document shepherd is Bechet Sarikaya, and the responsible area director is Jari Arkko.

RFC Editor Note

  Please remove any reference to 2119 and lowercase all current keyword text.

  Change this text in Section 1:

   OLD:
   The proposed behavior interoperates with
   the IGMPv3 and MLDv2 protocols.
   NEW:
   This document does not make any changes to the IGMPv3 and MLDv2 
   protocols and only suggests optimal settings for the configurable
   parameters of the protocols in mobile and wireless environments.