Subject: [multimob] Last Call: <draft-ietf-multimob-igmp-mld-tuning-04.txt> (Tuning the Behavior of IGMP and MLD for Routers in Mobile and Wireless Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 07:54:11 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Multicast Mobility WG (multimob)
to consider the following document:
- 'Tuning the Behavior of IGMP and MLD for Routers in Mobile and Wireless
   Networks'
  <draft-ietf-multimob-igmp-mld-tuning-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   IGMP and MLD are the protocols used by hosts and multicast routers to
   exchange their IP multicast group memberships with each other.  This
   document describes the ways of IGMPv3 and MLDv2 protocol optimization
   for mobility, and aims to become a guideline for tuning of IGMPv3/
   MLDv2 Queries and timer and counter values.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-igmp-mld-tuning/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-igmp-mld-tuning/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.