Subject: [multimob] FMC Bar BoF at IETF 83

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 12:01:16 -0600

This is to announce that we have requested a slot for a Bar BoF in
Paris on Fixed Mobile Convergence as follows:

Tuesday March 28 at 19:30

There has been (business) announcements in the internet like beyond
stating that FMC is currently still a hot topic (and finally a MUST
facing decreasing revenue challenges) for many network and service
operators - reflected in the manufacturing industry for infrastructure
equipment as well as user terminals - and creating requirements on the
interworking between fixed and mobile networks which - from an Intarea
point of view - focus on
 - User Equipment identification and authentication,
 - Femto Access Point management,
 - user device type identification and
 - mobility considerations e.g. as support within fixed networks and
differentiation on different session flows from terminal/user
perspective.

see also http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xue-intarea-fmc-ps-00

 In the Bar BOF we want to discuss these issues and eventually others.

If you have a presentation to make, drop us a note.

Behcet & Dirk