Subject: [multimob] draft-ietf-multimob-fast-handover + transient binding

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:36:25 -0700

Hi,

as discussed today in the meeting, the following question was raised:

draft-ietf-multimob-fast-handover transfers context from pMAG via LMA to 
nMAG - which in concept corresponds to the *Transient*Binding* in 
unicast RFC 6058 http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6058.

draft-ietf-multimob-fast-handover does not even reference RFC 6058 ... 
but probably should closely stick to the unicast solution.

So the question is about protocol systematics: Do we want unicast and 
multicast protocol operations remain incompatible?

Cheers,

Thomas
-- 

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °
° Dept. Informatik, Internet Technologies Group    20099 Hamburg, Germany °
° http://www.haw-hamburg.de/inet                   Fon: +49-40-42875-8452 °
° http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~schmidt    Fax: +49-40-42875-8409 °