Subject: [multimob] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-01.txt

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 22:36:31 +0200

Hi all,

we've prepared and uploaded a new version of the source mobility draft. 
The document has been largely extended with the following new contributions:

    1.  Direct routing with PIM-SM and PIM-SSM has been added.

    2.  PMIP synchronization with PIM added for improved handover.

    3.  Direct routing with BIDIR-PIM has been added.

    4.  MLD Proxy extensions requirements added.

    5.  Peering of MLD Proxies added.

    6.  First sketch of multiple upstream proxy added.

    7.  Editorial improvements.

    8.  Updated references.

Comments, feedback & reviews welcome!

See you in Vancouver,

Thomas

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-01.txt
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 13:32:17 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Thomas C. Schmidt and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Mobile Multicast Sender Support in Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) 
Domains
Creation date:	 2012-07-16
WG ID:		 multimob
Number of pages: 24
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-01.txt
Status: 
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source
Htmlized: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-01
Diff: 
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-multimob-pmipv6-source-01

Abstract:
    Multicast communication can be enabled in Proxy Mobile IPv6 domains
    via the Local Mobility Anchors by deploying MLD Proxy functions at
    Mobile Access Gateways, via a direct traffic distribution within an
    ISP's access network, or by selective route optimization schemes.
    This document describes the support of mobile multicast senders in
    Proxy Mobile IPv6 domains for all three scenarios.  Protocol
    optimizations for synchronizing PMIPv6 with PIM, as well as extended
    MLD Proxy functions are presented.  Mobile sources always remain
    agnostic of multicast mobility operations.

The IETF Secretariat