Subject: [multimob] Regarding Adoption of draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:47:35 -0700

Hi all,

this is a clarification on the 
draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast:

There has been again the erroneous "rumor" that this draft would impose 
changes to the MN on the PMIP domain.

As discussed many times:

  This draft defines multicast extensions jointly used for the unicast 
protocols *PFMIPv6* and *FMIPv6*. For FMIPv6, there are multicast 
extensions of the MN, which is of no harm. FMIPv6 describes a 
client-initiated handover.

  As far as *PFMIPv6* is concerned, no changes to the MN are made for 
multicast operations. This can be easily seen from figures 4 & 5. 
Multicast extensions are simply an exchange of context records between 
MAGs, i.e., "Multicast MobOpt".

  So the repeated claim of "changes to PMIP MN" has never been true - it 
simply was malicious gossip!

Cheers,

Thomas
-- 

Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° Hamburg University of Applied Sciences                   Berliner Tor 7 °
° Dept. Informatik, Internet Technologies Group    20099 Hamburg, Germany °
° http://www.haw-hamburg.de/inet                   Fon: +49-40-42875-8452 °
° http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~schmidt    Fax: +49-40-42875-8409 °