Subject: [multimob] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-07.txt

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 14:06:29 +0200

Hi all,

FYI.

Cheers,

Thomas

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-07.txt
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 05:04:01 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Thomas C. Schmidt and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast
Revision:	 07
Title:		 Multicast Listener Extensions for MIPv6 and PMIPv6 Fast Handovers
Creation date:	 2012-10-20
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 27
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-07.txt
Status: 
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast
Htmlized: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-07
Diff: 
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-schmidt-multimob-fmipv6-pfmipv6-multicast-07

Abstract:
    Fast handover protocols for MIPv6 and PMIPv6 define mobility
    management procedures that support unicast communication at reduced
    handover latency.  Fast handover base operations do not affect
    multicast communication, and hence do not accelerate handover
    management for native multicast listeners.  Many multicast
    applications like IPTV or conferencing, though, are comprised of
    delay-sensitive real-time traffic and will benefit from fast handover
    execution.  This document specifies extension of the Mobile IPv6 Fast
    Handovers (FMIPv6) and the Fast Handovers for Proxy Mobile IPv6
    (PFMIPv6) protocols to include multicast traffic management in fast
    handover operations.  This multicast support is provided first at the
    control plane by a management of rapid context transfer between
    access routers, second at the data plane by an optional fast traffic
    forwarding that MAY include buffering.

The IETF Secretariat