Subject: [netmod] RFC 6110 on Mapping YANG to Document Schema Definition Languages and Validating NETCONF Content

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 16:04:09 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6110

        Title:      Mapping YANG to Document Schema 
                    Definition Languages and Validating NETCONF Content 
        Author:     L. Lhotka, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      100
        Characters: 192547
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netmod-dsdl-map-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6110.txt

This document specifies the mapping rules for translating YANG data
models into Document Schema Definition Languages (DSDL), a
coordinated set of XML schema languages standardized as ISO/IEC
19757.  The following DSDL schema languages are addressed by the
mapping: Regular Language for XML Next Generation (RELAX NG),
Schematron, and Schematron and Document Schema Renaming Language
(DSRL).  The mapping takes one or more YANG modules and produces a
set of DSDL schemas for a selected target document type -- datastore
content, Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) messages, etc.
Procedures for schema-based validation of such documents are also
discussed.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC