Subject: [netmod] smi2yang-21: prefix generation

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 08:43:13 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I really don't see the problem here.  Prefixes are local to the
module, and have no external meaning.  Any implementation should be
free to use whatever prefix genereration algorithm it wants.  It is ok
if the document specifies an optional prefix genereration algorithm
that implementations can use.  When section 3 is read today, it is not
obvious that the algorithm is optional.  I suggest the algorithm is
moved to an Appendix to emphasize that it is optional.

/martin

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:03:34 +0100

> moved to an Appendix to emphasize that it is optional.

I have added this as Solution #21-03.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: David Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:43:50 -0500

> moved to an Appendix to emphasize that it is optional.

I like Martin's suggestion.

-David Reid

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:00:00 +0100

> I like Martin's suggestion.

Good, so I assume this is what we are going to do with this.

/js