Subject: [netmod] Summary of the NETMOD Session at the 82nd IETF in Taipei

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 07:34:33 +0100

The NETMOD working group has met for two hours on Tuesday during the
82st IETF meeting. The meeting was attended by about 20 people in room
with a few additional remote participants (including some key
contributors).

- <draft-bierman-netmod-system-mgmt-01> was discussed and there are a
  few changes to be made. The next revision of the draft will appear
  as a WG document.

- <draft-ietf-netmod-interfaces-cfg-02> and the related IANA document
  <draft-ietf-netmod-iana-if-type-01> are in WG last call and so far
  no major issues have been raised. The discussion focused more on
  <draft-ietf-netmod-ip-cfg-01> where it is not clear cut what needs
  to be included and how model elements are split between this draft
  and <draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-01>. This will require more
  discussion on the mailing list.

- <draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-01> has been discussed and received
  some positive support from some routing people in the room. The
  revision of this document is likely soon going to WG last call to
  encourage more reviews. The only bigger open issue seems to be
  whether the IP forwarding tables should be moved into the IP
  configuration draft. This will require more discussion on the
  mailing list.

- Several issues concerning <draft-ietf-netmod-smi-yang-01> have been
  recently brought up on the mailing list. Several have been resolved
  during the IETF meeting (mostly on the mailing list) and an updated
  draft is expected shortly after the meeting.

- A new attempt has been started to find agreement on an charter
  addition to cover work on a data model for configuring SNMP. There
  was no specific input at the meeting. It seems only one contributor
  had an issue with the originally proposed text and we will have to
  see whether the new text finds consensus.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>