Subject: [netmod] smi2yang-12: smi:defval in SMI scope or YANG scope

From: David Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 12:38:12 -0500

> * smi2yang-12: smi:defval in SMI scope or YANG scope [open]
> 
>   Is the value reported in the smi:defval clause an SMI default value
>   or a YANG default value (e.g. does it include prefixes)?
> 
> ** Solution #12-01:
> 
>    It is the SMI default value; in particular OBJECT-IDENTITIES are
>    showing up as SMIv2 descriptors and not as prefixed YANG
>    identifiers.

My implementation follows solution #12-01 only because I really didn't
consider the alternative. I just copy verbatim what is in the DEFVAL
clause and put in the smiv2:defval statement. After further consideration,
I still think #12-01 is the right solution. A note in the document saying
smiv2:defval is in SMI scope would probably be good.

-David Reid

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 04:09:55 +0100

> smiv2:defval is in SMI scope would probably be good.

I agree. I made a note to add text discussing this and I moved this
issues from open to strawman: accept #12-01.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>