Subject: [netmod] RFC6110 and unique-stmt mapping

From: Jernej Tuljak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 16:46:53 +0200

Hi,

RFC6110 10.55.:

      The 'units' Statement

    This statement is mapped to the @nma:unique attribute.  ARGUMENT MUST
    be translated so that every node identifier in each of its components
    is prefixed with the namespace prefix of the local module, unless the
    prefix is already present.  The result of this translation then
    becomes the value of the @nma:unique attribute.

    For example, assuming that the local module prefix is "ex",

    unique "foo ex:bar/baz"

    is mapped to the following attribute/value pair:

    nma:unique="ex:foo ex:bar/ex:baz"

A list's unique-stmt has a cardinality of 0..n, the same as for a 
must-stmt.

*(unique-stmt stmtsep)

Why is a uniqe-stmt mapped into an @nma:unique attribute? How do you 
encode multiple unique-stmt arguments into a single @nma:unique 
attribute? Do note that an XML element with multiple attributes named 
exactly the same way is not a well formed XML element and a file that is 
not XML cannot be transformed using XSLT.

unique "foo bar";
unique "baz foo";

@nma:unique = ?

It would make sense to me to encode this statement as an element, the 
same way this is done for must-stmt. Am I missing something?

I hope I got the mailing list right. Please direct this message to a 
proper mailing list if not so.

Jernej

---

From: Jernej Tuljak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 16:49:52 +0200

>       The 'units' Statement

Wrong copy/paste. Should obviously be "The 'unique' Statement".

Jernej

> exactly the same way is not a well formed XML element and a file that 
> is not XML cannot be transformed using XSLT.
>
> unique "foo bar";
> unique "baz foo";
>
> @nma:unique = ?
>
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 17:01:44 +0200

>> same way this is done for must-stmt. Am I missing something?

No, this is a bug. I didn't realize there might be multiple "unique" statements.
Would you mind to report it as an erratum?

http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata.php#reportnew

Thanks,

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C