Subject: [netmod] draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt-06

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 13:21:58 -0700

Hi,

The ietf-system module draft has been updated:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt-06.txt

We think all requested changes were addressed except
adding additional parameters to control server auto-population
of entries. This should be left for future work.

Here is the change summary:

7.6.  05-06

   o  changed ntp/use-ntp to ntp/enabled

   o  changed ntp/ntp-server to ntp/server

   o  removed /system/platform/nodename leaf

   o  changed /system/name to /system/hostname

   o  simplified must expression in user-authentication-order

   o  added optional rounds to sha hash definition

   o  clarified the crypt-hash description

   o  clarified ntp descriptions

   o  clarified YANG module description to indicate that some system
      properties are supported, not the entire system

   o  clarified that system identification values are vendor specific,
      not the data node objects

   o  clarified sec. 2.2 and 2.3 to indicate that the server should also
      be capable of configuring these properties

   o  changed /system/dns/search from inet:host to inet:domain-name

   o  changed RFC6021 reference to 6021-bis

   o  changed /system/platform/nodename to /system/platform/hostname

   o  changed /system/radius/server/{leafs} to be within a choice and
      'udp' case statement so other transport specific parameters can
      augment this list or they can be added by the WG to a future
      version of this module. {leafs} are authentication-port and
      shared-secret.

   o  updated YANG tree diagrams for objects added in -05 and -06

Andy and Martin

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:21:42 +0200

> of entries. This should be left for future work.

Thanks for the update. Do I understand correctly that the authors
believe this document is complete and ready for WG last call?

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 09:02:53 +0200 (CEST)

> believe this document is complete and ready for WG last call?

Yes!

/martin

---

From: "Lange, Jeffrey K (GE Energy Management)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:49:20 +0000

Looking over the system model, there seems strange that this doesn't include a sysUpTime equivalent.  Was this a conscious omission?

-Jeff

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of Martin Bjorklund
> Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 3:03 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [netmod] draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt-06
> 
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:21:18 -0700

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 5:49 AM, Lange, Jeffrey K (GE Energy Management) <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Looking over the system model, there seems strange that this doesn't
> include a sysUpTime equivalent.  Was this a conscious omission?
>
>
sysUpTime was discussed in the AD review of the interfaces module (see end):
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg07923.html

I think sysUpTime should go in the ietf-snmp module if it is needed.

-Jeff

Andy

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 21:15:40 +0200

> I think sysUpTime should go in the ietf-snmp module if it is needed.

The ietf-snmp module is about config and you do obviously not
configure sysUpTime.

/js

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:41:36 -0700

> The ietf-snmp module is about config and you do obviously not
Then let's leave it out as already decided wrt/ ietf-interfaces.

Andy