Subject: [netmod] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6020 (3872)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 08:57:29 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6020,
"YANG - A Data Modeling Language for the Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6020&eid=3872

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Jonathan Hansford <[email-masked]>

Section: 9.7.4.2

Original Text
-------------
If a bit position is not specified, then one will be automatically
assigned. If the "bit" substatement is the first one defined, the
assigned value is zero (0); otherwise, the assigned value is one
greater than the current highest bit position.

Corrected Text
--------------
If a bit position is not specified, then one will be automatically
assigned. If the "bit" substatement is the first one defined, the
assigned value is zero (0); otherwise, the assigned value is one
greater than the current highest bit position (that is, the
highest bit position, implicit or explicit, prior to the current
"bit" substatement in the parent "type" statement).

Notes
-----
Clarification that 'current highest' does not refer to all bit positions, implicit or explicit, in the parent "type" statement but only to those that precede the current "bit" substatement.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6020 (draft-ietf-netmod-yang-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : YANG - A Data Modeling Language for the Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF)
Publication Date    : October 2010
Author(s)           : M. Bjorklund, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : NETCONF Data Modeling Language
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG