Subject: [netmod] Protocol Action: 'IANA Interface Type YANG Module' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-netmod-iana-if-type-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:18:41 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IANA Interface Type YANG Module'
  (draft-ietf-netmod-iana-if-type-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-iana-if-type/

Technical Summary

   This document defines the initial version of the iana-if-type YANG
   module for interface type definitions.

Working Group Summary

   The normal WG process was followed and the documents reflect WG
   consensus with nothing special worth mentioning except for the following.

   While the working group felt that the set of documents was complete in
   April 2013, there was a sense of unease about disparities between
   operational state and configuration. Additional reviews during the last
   call made it clear that it was desirable to deal with this by separating
   operational state from configuration management and that this should have
   been done from the beginning. The working group pulled the document back
   from IESG review and worked to add this to the model.

Document Quality

  This set of documents received extensive review within the working group
  and ample time was spent to review and reconsider all design choices.
  The working group also reached out to the IP directorate and received
  additional review from Dave Thaler.

Personnel

  David Kessens is the document shepherd.
  Benoit Claise is the responsible Area Director.