Subject: [netmod] new YANG 1.1 issue: unsolved grammar bugs

From: Jernej Tuljak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 10:50:08 +0200

Hi,

here are some old threads that could be resolved in 1.1. Not sure if 
anyone was tracking those, or if the related issues are applicable.

There is a confirmed bug in YANG grammar for which no errata has been 
posted yet. The current grammar requires unquoted strings as arguments 
to deviate statements.
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg07738.html

Ambiguity of refine-stmt production was also mentioned.
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg07740.html

There was also a discussion about the unknown-statement2 production, 
which implied a need for clarification of it's meaning.
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg08148.html

Jernej

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 12:53:43 +0200 (CEST)

> anyone was tracking those, or if the related issues are applicable.

These were not tracked, thank's for reminding me!

> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg07738.html

I have fixed this bug in the to-be-posted 6020bis draft.

> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/netmod/current/msg08148.html

I think that we can simply do these grammar changes directly without
listing them in the issues file.  They don't change anything to the
language, they merely make the grammar better.  Unless someone
objects, I'll make the changes.

People still have to review the document and we might decide that the
old version was better; that is ok of course.

/martin