Subject: [netmod] YANG 1.1 issue: bit name too restrictive

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 17:22:27 -0700

Hi,

The bit name is considered an 'identifier-arg-str' in the YANG ABNF.

  identifier-arg-str  = < a string that matches the rule
                           identifier-arg >

   identifier-arg      = identifier

   ;; An identifier MUST NOT start with (('X'|'x') ('M'|'m') ('L'|'l'))
   identifier          = (ALPHA / "_")
                         *(ALPHA / DIGIT / "_" / "-" / ".")

Problem: bit name does not need to be restricted in this manner
because the bit names are never used as element or attribute names.
They are only used as content in string nodes.

Solution: change the syntax so it is less restrictive.  Each bit must be a
single token of printable chars without any whitespace.

Andy

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 08:02:55 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Added as Y47.