Subject: [netmod] undecided Y50 additional extension grammar validation

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 10:31:37 +0200

We need to decide whether this is in scope of YANG 1.1 or not.

Is the added value worth the complexity this introduces? A YANG
parser would have to evaluate the grammar of extension statements
at runtime.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 21:24:01 +0200

> parser would have to evaluate the grammar of extension statements

Interim proposal:

  Proposal: Reject the issue since it can be done as an extension and
  does not need to be part of YANG 1.1.

If you disagree, please speak up by June 18th.

/js