Subject: [netmod] netmod interim and i2rs requirements

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 08:42:07 +0200

Hi,

the NETMOD WG is holding an interim meeting on Sep. 17/18 [1] and one
of the agenda items is to work on any requirements I2RS might have for
YANG 1.1. For this, we need a clear definition of what the I2RS
requirements are for YANG 1.1, ideally posted as an I-D a few days
before the interim meeting so that people can come prepared. This
means there are ~15 days left to produce such a requirements writeup.

/js

[1] https://www.ietf.org/meeting/interim/netmod-2014-09-17.txt

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 21:58:57 -0400

Juergen,
     While I understand the request, I presume that such a request can 
not be met as a working group agreement in the time frame suggested. 
WHile I hope that some of the folks who have been involved in proposing 
the use of YANG for I2RS will write such a draft, I can not see how we 
could even get tot eh point of WG adoption of such a draft, much less WG 
rough consensus on the content, in the time frame you outline.
     Of course, I am not one of the chairs or ADs, but it seems pretty 
clear cut to me.

     Yours,
     Joel

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 07:03:31 +0200

>     Of course, I am not one of the chairs or ADs, but it seems pretty 

Joel,

all I need is reasonably agreed upon input. Note that this request for
input is not coming out of the blue, at least not for those I2RS folks
who have been at the NETMOD meeting in Toronto.

As NETMOD chair, I do have a target date to deliver YANG 1.1 and I
take that milestone serious. My motivation to delay this by N months
waiting for I2RS to get their input submitted is very small. I recall
that there were presentations about "what is missing" bach in London,
that is March 2014. The regular submission period for YANG 1.1 issues
was 2014-02-23 until 2014-05-07. The interim meeting is mid September.

/js