Subject: [netmod] YANG 1.1 final check of WG last call edits [until 2016-02-15]

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 10:24:05 +0100

Hi,

the YANG 1.1 definition has gone through two WG last calls, the first
WG last call did end on 2015-10-12 and the second WG last call did end
on 2016-01-06. Martin has just posted

  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6020bis-10

which we believe incorporates all changes that were discussed after
the second WG last call. I believe the document is ready to be sent to
our AD Benoit Claise. However, before doing so, I plan to give the WG
a chance to review the changes.

Note that this is not the time to suggest new language features or to
request changes of existing language behavior. All I am looking for is
to make sure that (a) we did not forget any agreed upon edits and (b)
that edits did not introduce any bugs or fatal errors.

The deadline for sending in comments is Monday 2016-02-15.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 09:43:58 +0100

Hi,

the final check of the YANG 1.1 WG last call edits has passed and so
we are getting ready to wrap things up. While working on the document
writeup that goes to the IESG, I found a quirks that I think we should
fix before sending the document to Benoit:

1) ID nits identified two instances of 'MUST not' that should be
   'MUST NOT'.

2) The capability URN registration requires to define a capability
   name. Right now we only provide a URL. The IANA considerations
   need to define the capability name, e.g. :yang-library.

3) I checked the ABNF against http://tools.ietf.org/tools/bap/abnf.cgi.
   Note that I had to replace '%s' with '' since this tool does not yet
   support RFC 7405 (case sensitive strings). Anyway, the tool does a
   good job and suggested these two changes:

   - yang-char = %x9 / %xA / %xD / %x20-D7FF /
   + yang-char = %x09 / %x0A / %x0D / %x20-D7FF /

   - relative-path       = 1*(".." "/") descendant-path
   + relative-path       = 1*"../" descendant-path

   In addition, the tool suggested to add a couple of parenthesis so
   that the reader does not have to remember operator precedences by
   heart. I think Martin should take a look at this and decide which
   ones to incorporate (or if there is even an error lingering
   somewhere).

In addition, there was the suggestion on the mailing list to mention
the change of the non-config leaf-lists uniqueness in the 'Summary of
Changes from RFC 6020' which I think should be implemented.

Martin, can you look at these issues and post a new I-D? Once
available, I will check the diffs, finish my writeup and then submit
the document to Benoit.

/js

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 10:40:43 +0100 (CET)

> 1) ID nits identified two instances of 'MUST not' that should be

Fixed.

>    need to define the capability name, e.g. :yang-library.

Fixed.

>    + relative-path       = 1*"../" descendant-path

Fixed.

>    ones to incorporate (or if there is even an error lingering

I checked this, but I prefer to keep the current rules.

> Changes from RFC 6020' which I think should be implemented.

Fixed.

> available, I will check the diffs, finish my writeup and then submit

There is one more open issue; see the thread "Multiple deviations with
same target".

/martin