Subject: [netmod] YANG 1.1 conformance announcement

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 19:56:53 -0800

Hi,

Buried in the many NETCONF-specific sections is a requirement to
announce the YANG library info.  However this info is incomplete
and sec. 5.6.5 needs to be changed because it assumes there is only
1 revision of the ietf-yang-library module possible.   The client cannot
read the read the library to find out which revision of the library template
to use.

5.6.5.  Announcing Conformance Information in NETCONF

   This document defines the following mechanism for announcing
   conformance information.  Other mechanisms may be defined by future
   specifications.

   A NETCONF server announces the modules it implements by implementing
   the YANG module "ietf-yang-library" defined in
   [I-D.ietf-netconf-yang-library], and listing all implemented modules
   in the "/modules-state/module" list.

OLD:

   The server also advertises the following capability in the <hello>
   message (line-breaks and whitespaces are used for formatting reasons
   only):

     urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:yang-library:1.0?
       module-set-id=<id>

   The parameter "module-set-id" has the same value as the leaf
   "/modules-state/module-set-id" from "ietf-yang-library".  This
   parameter MUST be present.

NEW:

   The server also advertises the following capability in the <hello>
   message (line-breaks and whitespaces are used for formatting reasons
   only):

     urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:yang-library:1.0?
       revision=<date>&module-set-id=<id>

   The parameter "revision" has the same value as the revision
   date of the "ietf-yang-library" implemented by the server. This
 parameter MUST be present.

The parameter "module-set-id" has the same value as the leaf
"/modules-state/module-set-id" from "ietf-yang-library". This parameter
MUST be present.

Andy