Subject: [netmod] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netmod-opstate-reqs-04.txt> (Terminology and Requirements for Enhanced Handling of Operational State) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 06:42:11 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the NETCONF Data Modeling Language
WG (netmod) to consider the following document:
- 'Terminology and Requirements for Enhanced Handling of Operational
   State'
  <draft-ietf-netmod-opstate-reqs-04.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-02-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document primarily regards the difference between the intended
   configuration and the applied configuration of a device and how
   intended and applied configuration relate to the operational state of
   a device.  This document defines requirements for the applied
   configuration's data model and its values, as well as for enabling a
   client to know when a configuration has been fully applied or not,
   how to access operational state, and how to relate intended
   configuration nodes to applied configuration and derived state nodes.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-opstate-reqs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-opstate-reqs/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.