Subject: [netmod] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-rtgyangdt-rtgwg-device-model-02.txt

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 11:42:26 -0500

Hi,

This draft has been out a little bit, but we haven't seen any
significant comments on it. We'd definitely like to hear from the WG on
this.

Note, per the draft:

This version is a major change from the prior version and this change
was enabled by the work on the Structural Mount/YSDL. And we expect this
part to be covered in the interim on the 22nd.

Also of note in the document:

We cover Routing protocol and IP forwarding configuration and operation
information which we assume is covered in a routing model, such as the
one defined in netmod-routing-cfg. Although, the defined routing module
includes support for network instances NIs, which it refers to as
Routing Instances, while the approach presented in unaware document
presumes that the routing module is unaware of LNEs and NIs.

I/we are quite interested in hearing from the WG on the
implications/impact to draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg.

Thanks
Lou (co-author)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-rtgyangdt-rtgwg-device-model-02.txt
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 05:16:07 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Network Device YANG Organizational Models
        Authors         : Acee Lindem
                          Lou Berger
                          Dean Bogdanovic
                          Christan Hopps
	Filename        : draft-rtgyangdt-rtgwg-device-model-02.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2016-01-22

Abstract:
   This document presents an approach for organizing YANG models in a
   comprehensive structure that may be used to configure and operate
   network devices.  The structure is itself represented as a YANG
   model, with all of the related component models logically organized
   in a way that is operationally intuitive, but this model is not
   expected to be implemented.  The identified component modules are
   expected to be defined and implemented on common network devices.

   This document also defines two modules that can be used to model the
   logical and virtual resource representations that may be present on a
   network device.  Examples of common industry terms for logical
   resource representations are Logical Systems or Routers.  Examples of
   of common industry terms for virtual resource representations are
   Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) instances and Virtual Switch
   Instances (VSIs).

   This document is derived from work submitted to the IETF by members
   of the informal OpenConfig working group of network operators and is
   a product of the Routing Area YANG Architecture design team.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rtgyangdt-rtgwg-device-model/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rtgyangdt-rtgwg-device-model-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rtgyangdt-rtgwg-device-model-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt