Subject: [netmod] Fwd: [core] 🔔 WG adoption of draft-veillette-core-yang-cbor-mapping-00

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 14:37:27 +0200

In the most recent rechartering of the CoRE working group, which works
on application protocols for the Internet of Things, the work on
management in constrained node networks (COMI) has been assigned to
CoRE.  We have promised to involve the relevant management working
groups in our proceedings, and this message is part of that.

COMI is a RESTCONF variant.  Instead of XML or JSON representation of
yang modeled data, the plan is to use the more compact (and easier to
implement on constrained devices) format CBOR.
draft-veillette-core-yang-cbor-mapping-00 is for CBOR what
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-json-10 is for JSON.

You are welcome to take part in CoRE and submit comments (and/or support
for or objections to adoption) there.  Of course, any discussion that
ensues here on the netmod mailing list will be considered by the CoRE WG
chairs as well.  (We just want to avoid massive cross-posting; hence
this separate message.)

Grüße, Carsten

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [core] 🔔 WG adoption of draft-veillette-core-yang-cbor-mapping-00
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 14:22:27 +0200
From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] WG <[email-masked]>

In Buenos Aires, we discussed the adoption of
draft-veillette-core-yang-cbor-mapping-00 but not enough people had read
the document to go for an in-room consensus call.

This is a two-week call for adoption of
draft-veillette-core-yang-cbor-mapping-00 as a WG document of CoRE.
Specifically, if you (1) support or (2) have an objection to this
decision, please speak up on the mailing list by 2016-04-24.

Note that this work is explicitly covered by our charter, so discussions
of which WG should work on this are off-topic.

As always, adoption of a document as a WG document is not a vote on
whether we already have reached last-call state; the intention is to
work on the WG document after adoption for a while to get it ready for
last call.  If you want to combine your support/objection with technical
comments, this is certainly welcome so we can accelerate that process.

Grüße, Carsten

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core