Subject: [netmod] rfc6020bis - if-feature-factor definition

From: Radek Krejčí <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 20:22:35 +0200

Hi,
I found a small issue in the YANG 1.1 grammar - I know that the last
calls already passed, but I found it yesterday while implementing
if-feature parsing.

This is the definition from the rfc6020bis-14 grammar:

if-feature-factor   = not-keyword sep if-feature-factor /
                      "(" sep if-feature-expr sep ")" /
                      identifier-ref-arg

But I believe that it should be

if-feature-factor   = not-keyword sep if-feature-factor /
                      "(" optsep if-feature-expr optsep ")" /
                      identifier-ref-arg

because even example in section 7.20.2.1 skips the spaces between the
brackets and the expression inside:

if-feature "(not foo) or (bar and baz)";

Regards,
Radek

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 15:07:40 +0200

Radek,

this does indeed look like an oversight. I am waiting for Martin and
others to confirm this - and if so Martin will have to get this fixed
during the final editing stage.

/js

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 08:22:35PM +0200, Radek Krejčí wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>