Subject: [netmod] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-wilton-netmod-intf-vlan-yang-03.txt

From: Robert Wilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 15:50:10 +0100

HI,

I've published a new version of the VLAN Sub-interface draft that I'm 
trying to convince the IEEE 802.1 WG to allow me to standardize in IETF 
(and hence to be adopted as a Netmod WG item).

Based on the feedback from the IEEE 802.1 WG when I presented the 
previous version of the draft, then the key changes that I've made to 
the draft are:

    o  Incorporates feedback received from presenting to the IEEE 802.1
       WG.

    o  Updates the modules for double tag matches/rewrites to restrict
       the outer tag type to S-VLAN and inner tag type to C-VLAN.

    o  Updates the introduction to cover the primary use case of allowing
       IETF forwarding protocols to be configuration via YANG when running
       on tagged Ethernet interfaces connected to IEEE 802.1Q compliant
       bridges.

    o  Updates the objectives to make IEEE 802.1Q bridge interoperability
       a key objective.

I will be asking for some individuals from the IEEE 802.1 WG to review 
and comment on the changes to see if these changes are sufficient to 
address their concerns and allow this draft to move forward within IETF.

Any comments or feedback from the Netmod WG is of course also welcome.

Thanks,
Rob

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-wilton-netmod-intf-vlan-yang-03.txt
Date: 	Fri, 8 Jul 2016 08:57:08 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	David Ball <[email-masked]>, Tapraj Singh <[email-masked]>, 
Robert Wilton <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] 
<[email-masked]>, Selvakumar Sivaraj <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-wilton-netmod-intf-vlan-yang-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Robert Wilton and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-wilton-netmod-intf-vlan-yang
Revision:	03
Title:		Sub-interface VLAN YANG Data Models
Document date:	2016-07-08
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		31
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wilton-netmod-intf-vlan-yang-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wilton-netmod-intf-vlan-yang/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilton-netmod-intf-vlan-yang-03
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wilton-netmod-intf-vlan-yang-03

Abstract:
    This document defines YANG modules to add support for classifying
    traffic received on interfaces as Ethernet/VLAN framed packets to
    sub-interfaces based on the fields available in the Ethernet/VLAN
    frame headers.  These modules allow IETF forwarding protocols (such
    as IPv6 and VPLS) to interoperate with VLAN tagged traffic orginated
    from an IEEE 802.1Q compliant bridge.  Primarily the classification
    is based on VLAN identifiers in the 802.1Q VLAN tags, but the model
    also has support for matching on some other layer 2 frame header
    fields and is designed to be extensible to match on other arbitrary
    header fields.

    The model differs from an IEEE 802.1Q bridge model in that the
    configuration is interface/sub-interface based as opposed to being
    based on membership of an 802.1Q VLAN bridge.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

.