Subject: [netmod] should the must statement be listed as a "Common Statement"?

From: Xiang Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 14:40:31 -0500

Hi

I find it is a bit strange that the must statement (7.5.3 and 7.5.4)
is organized under 7.5 The container statement. I would think it
makes more sense to be listed as a "Common Statements".

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc6020bis-14.txt
7.5.  The container Statement . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  64
        7.5.1.  Containers with Presence  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  65
        7.5.2.  The container's Substatements . . . . . . . . . . . .  65
        7.5.3.  The must Statement  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  66
        7.5.4.  The must's Substatements  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  67

7.21. Common Statements . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 129
        7.21.1.  The config Statement . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 129
        7.21.2.  The status Statement . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 129
        7.21.3.  The description Statement  . . . . . . . . . . . . . 130
        7.21.4.  The reference Statement  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 130
        7.21.5.  The when Statement . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 131

-Xiang

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 20:42:05 -0400

> makes more sense to be listed as a "Common Statements".

That's true.  "must" can be a substatement of the container, leaf,
leaf-list, list, anydata, anyxml, refine, input, output, notification,
deviate-add, and deviate-delete statements.

Dale