Subject: Fw: Automated response from IMC Autoresponder <[email-masked]>

From: caiboyx <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:25:9 +0800

���ã�

*******������ת�����ʼ�*****
This mailing list has moved. To send mail to the list, send to:
     [email-masked]
(note the lack of the second dash in the name). This list move
was caused by the large amount of spam being received by the old
mailing list.

If you have any questions, please send them to [email-masked].
*****ת�����ݽ���*****

                    ��
��

            caiboyx
            [email-masked]

---

From: Dave Del Torto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 00:50:49 -0800

At 8:32 pm -0800 2000-02-04, caiboyx wrote:
>Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:25:9 +0800
>From: caiboyx <[email-masked]>
>To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Fw: Automated response from IMC Autoresponder <[email-masked]>
>
>     [material removed]

OK, Paul... time to change it again... ;)

Seriously, why make it so easy for spammers to zero in on the new address?
I thought you were kidding when you wished out loud that they didn't read.
We could at least make the reply message "spell" the new address out, so
the one-in-a-million spam-weasel who's actually literate also has to 
shatter the probability curves and know how to type! ;)

IOW, make it something like:

**************NOTICE**************

This Internet Engineering Task Force technical mailing list has changed
addresses due to large amounts of spam being received at the previous
list-address.

As of 2000-02-05, if you want to send email to the list, send it To:

  IETF-OpenPGP-WG @ IMC.ORG                    (just remove the spaces!)

If you need help, email:  PHOFFMAN @ IMC.ORG  (again, remove the spaces).

**************NOTICE**************

    dave

__________________________________________________________________________
"I don't even have an e-mail address. I have reached an age where my main
  purpose is not to receive messages." --Umberto Eco