Subject: Recommended 5.3 wording change

From: Erron Criddle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:23:13 +0800

To all,

The paragraph in section 5.3 (the one following the definition of the 
packet body) reads as follows:

"The data being signed is hashed, and then the signature data from the 
version number through the hashed sub-packet data (inclusive) is hashed. 
The..."

 From my previous e-mails regarding signatures, it seems it should read 
something like:

"To produce a signature, the data to be signed has the signature data from 
the version number through to the hashed sub-packet data (inclusive) 
appended to it. This data is then hashed and the resulting hash value is 
signed. The..."

Is that right?

Regards

Erron Criddle
Comasp Ltd.
Level 2, 45 Stirling Hwy
NEDLANDS  WA  6009
Australia

Fax: 08 9386 9473
Tel: 08 9386 9534

http://www.comasp.com
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:25:00 +0900

From: Erron Criddle <[email-masked]>
Subject: Recommended 5.3 wording change
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:23:13 +0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> appended to it. This data is then hashed and the resulting hash value is 

i think this phrasing is easier to understand.  [ the original
phrasing sounds to me like describing a particular implementation. ]

> Is that right?

it agrees w/ my understanding.