Subject: OT Qualcomm bouncing attachments

From: "William H. Geiger III" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:10:08 -0400

Hi,

This is off topic but should be of some interest to list members. It seems that Qualcomm is bouncing all messages containing attachments. This unfortunatly includes PGP/MIME messages or any multipart MIME formats. Below is the bounce message from Qualcomm:

Greetings,

Your recent email message to QUALCOMM has not been delivered due to the 
attachment it included. QUALCOMM does not allow email with certain types of 
attachments due to the possible presence of a computer virus in these files.
Please resend your message without any attachments or compress your 
attachment before sending it.

We apologize for any inconvenience. 

The QUALCOMM Postmasters

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------
William H. Geiger III      http://www.openpgp.net  
Geiger Consulting    

Data Security & Cryptology Consulting
Programming, Networking, Analysis
 
PGP for OS/2:               http://www.openpgp.net/pgp.html
E-Secure:                   http://www.openpgp.net/esecure.html
---------------------------------------------------------------