Subject: Forward Secrecy Extensions for OpenPGP

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 18:29:47 +0000

You may remember that this WG recommended that Forward Secrecy
Extensions for
OpenPGP <draft-brown-pgp-pfs-01.txt> be published as an Informational
RFC. Well, the IESG rejected that, because they want the WG to review
and ascertain whether this document should
be on the standards track.

It has come to my notice that for some reason the WG hasn't actually
been told this. So, I'm telling you. Please consider whether this draft
should become a standard.

Thanks.

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

"There is no limit to what a man can do or how far he can go if he
doesn't mind who gets the credit."

Robert Woodruff

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:40:36 -0800

Steve Coya wrote:
> What makes you think this document has expired? It is currently in the I-D
> directory.

I tried looking in the west coast mirror at ISI:
http://info.internet.isi.edu:80/in-drafts/files.  The draft is not
present there.

I also tried the URL I had used to reference the draft on August 3:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brown-pgp-pfs-00.txt.
Apparently, the draft has been updated since then so this URL is no
longer accurate.

I have since tried looking in our working group repository:
http://www.ietf.org/ids.by.wg/openpgp.html.  It's not there; apparently
it was not associated with this WG at the time it was created.

However I have now found the draft at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brown-pgp-pfs-01.txt.
Thanks very much for your assistance.

Hal Finney