Subject: [PGP-USERS] (mac) PGP 6.5.8 -> Request for patchfix comments.. (fwd)

From: Robert Guerra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:45:01 -0500

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Thursday, December 21, 2000 8:17 AM -0500
From: Robert Guerra <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [PGP-USERS] (mac) PGP 6.5.8 -> Request for patchfix comments..

Hi there:

A couple days back I detailed a persistant problem in which the first
couple of lines of pgp cyphertext appears in the Header section of email.

I've consulted with the developper of the the email client I use (eudora)
and the email server I use (EIMS 3.02) and they both point fingers to it
being a problem with the pgp-plugin on the mac end.

As it's not a security hole, and since NAI won't issue a specific bug
fix...it leaves it to me to see what to do..

Consequently I have dowloaded the (mac) PGP 658 source code from the
www.pgpi.org site and quickly looked over the code.

I currently don't have the time nor resources to recompiple the code..so
i've included my suggested patches in an archive for peer review.

http://www.cryptorights.org/pgp-users/resources/mac-pgpfix.sit.Hqx

I'm hoping those more knowleable with the code will :

1. take a look at it
2. ok the changes and/or correct it further
3. post any comments and/or additional suggestions
4. re-compile the code for the community

looking forward to everyone's comments

regards

robert

....................................................................
Unsubscribe: <mailto:[email-masked]?body=unsubscribe>
Automated Help/Info: <mailto:[email-masked]?body=help>
List Homepage: <http://cryptorights.org/pgp-users/>
List Admin (human): <mailto:[email-masked]>
Please do not send administrative commands to the list address!  Thanks.

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------