Subject: [openpgp] PGP signatures

From: George Lind <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:13:01 -0400

Can anyone explain how signatures are calculated, particularly on public
keys?

Thanks

---

From: Greg Troxel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:32:51 -0400

> Can anyone explain how signatures are calculated, particularly on public

Did you read RFC4880 and find it unclear?  Is there a particular
mysterious step?

---

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 18:35:56 -0400

> Can anyone explain how signatures are calculated, particularly on public

computing OpenPGP signatures in general:

  https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4880#section-5.2.4

The particular format of primary key packet:

 https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4880#section-5.5.2

If you have more specific questions, or you have code that is supposed
to behave a certain way but isn't, please ask or show more detail.

hth,

	--dkg