Subject: Re: [openpgp] Proposed patch to add OCB to AEAD section

From: Werner Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 12:11:08 +0100

Hi!

I just pushed -03 with these changes

   o  Changed v5 key fingerprint format to full 32 octets.

   o  Added Literal Data Packet format octet 'm'.

   o  Added Feature Flag for v5 key support.
      [Not yet discussed in the WG]

   o  Added AEAD Encrypted Data Packet.
      [I also added a feature flag and a Preferred AEAD Algorithms
      signature subpacket]

   o  Removed notes on extending the MDC packet.
      [Not yet discussed in the WG]

I also noted

   o  The OCB mode is patented and a debate is still underway on whether
      it can be included in RFC4880bis or needs to be moved to a
      separate document.  For the sole purpose of experimenting with the
      Preferred AEAD Algorithms signature subpacket it is has been
      included in this I-D.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

-- 
Die Gedanken sind frei.  Ausnahmen regelt ein Bundesgesetz.

---

From: Ronald Tse <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 15:02:55 +0000

Thank you Werner for pushing the draft forward!

Given the latest status of the openpgp wg, perhaps the wg chairs could briefly clarify what needs to be done for draft adoption?

Personally I am highly supportive of this draft, and believe some others are too.

Ron

_____________________________________

Ronald Tse
Ribose Inc.

On Dec 29, 2017, at 8:11 PM, Werner Koch <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Hi!

I also noted

Shalom-Salam,

  Werner