Subject: [payload] I-D Action:draft-ietf-payload-rtp-howto-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 10:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : How to Write an RTP Payload Format
	Author(s)       : M. Westerlund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-payload-rtp-howto-00.txt
	Pages           : 55
	Date            : 2011-03-03

This document contains information on how to best write an RTP
payload format.  It provides reading tips, design practices, and
practical tips on how to produce an RTP payload format specification
quickly and with good results.  A template is also included with
instructions that can be used when writing an RTP payload format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-howto-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 09:46:34 +0100

Hi,

This long time in production version contains  from both Tom Taylor and
Ali Begen.

It unfortunately still don't resolve all the open issues I have listed
in this document. I would love to get a contribution from anyone that
was more closely involved in the SVC payload format on what to think
about when it comes to scalability in payload formats.

There is clearly some more work needed from my side to flesh out
examples of designs and RFC-errata. Contributions are very much accepted.

There is a question about procedures when the WG closes down. But if
that is going to included here, then this document probably needs to be
published as BCP. I think we likely can drop this question from the
document.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------