Subject: [payload] maximum receive video resolution -open issue

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 11:12:56 +0300

Hi,

We need to get feedback on this topic ( posting also to AVTcore to get
larger exposure)

At the IETF 89 meeting the chairs summarized the topic as follows:

Payload specific parameters for specifying video resolution in SDP in
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-nandakumar-payload-sdp-max-video-resolution-0
0.txt was presented by Suhas Nandakumar. 

The slides are is
https://tools.ietf.org/agenda/89/slides/slides-89-payload-5.pdf . 

The proposal is to provide a codec agnostic way for a receiver to signal
maximum receive video resolution. 

The feeling is that there is a need for this but need use cases. There was
disagreement whether to use codec agnostics or codec specifics. 

Action: There is a need for a document that will specify the need to signal
maximum receive video resolution. (Can be in RTP how to or a separate
document). 

Need to discuss on the list if the solution should be codec specific or not.

Since there were no comments to far and we want to progress the VP8 RTP
payload specification  we may start a WGLC on the VP8 RTP payload and have
this topic as one of the issues to conclude.

Roni Even

Payload co-chair