Subject: [payload] RFC 7587 on RTP Payload Format for the Opus Speech and Audio Codec

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 16:33:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7587

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for the 
                    Opus Speech and Audio Codec 
        Author:     J. Spittka, K. Vos, JM. Valin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 41770
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-payload-rtp-opus-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7587

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7587

This document defines the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
format for packetization of Opus-encoded speech and audio data
necessary to integrate the codec in the most compatible way.  It also
provides an applicability statement for the use of Opus over RTP.
Further, it describes media type registrations for the RTP payload
format.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC