Subject: [payload] Last Call: <draft-ietf-payload-vp8-16.txt> (RTP Payload Format for VP8 Video) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 16:20:45 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Payloads
WG (payload) to consider the following document:
- 'RTP Payload Format for VP8 Video'
  <draft-ietf-payload-vp8-16.txt> as Proposed Standard

This draft contains normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 6386

This is a repeated last call. The draft was previously last called and underwent
IESG evaluation in 2013. The last call is being repeated due to the normative
downward reference, and due to the fairly significant changes since that
evaluation.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-07-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes an RTP payload format for the VP8 video codec.
   The payload format has wide applicability, as it supports
   applications from low bit-rate peer-to-peer usage, to high bit-rate
   video conferences.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-vp8/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-vp8/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1622/