Subject: Re: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-melpe-00.txt

From: "Victor Demjanenko, Ph.D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 10:04:09 -0500

Hi Everyone,

We are reposting our MELP RTP payload draft with the suggested revision to
the abstract.  We have not heard of any other issues so we are hoping to
advance this draft toward an RFC.  What would the next step(s) be?

Thanks Keith for the review and suggestion.  Definitely better this way.

Regards,

Victor

-----Original Message-----
From: payload [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of DRAGE, Keith
(Keith)
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2015 1:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-melpe-00.txt

The abstract of this document could do with something of a revision.

The abstract should concentrate on what this document is, which is a payload
format for MELPe, along with the associated SDP usage.

How MELPe was developed and financed should go in the introduction, if it
appears at all.

Regards

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: payload [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 04 November 2015 04:44
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-melpe-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working
Group of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP Payload Format for MELPe Codec
        Authors         : Victor Demjanenko
                          David Satterlee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-payload-melpe-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2015-11-03

Abstract:
   This document describes the RTP payload format for the Mixed
   Excitation Linear Prediction Enhanced (MELPe) speech coder algorithm
   developed by Atlanta Signal Processing (ASPI), Texas Instruments
   (TI), SignalCom (now Microsoft) and Thales Communications with noise
   preprocessor contributions from AT&T under contract with NSA/DOD as
   international NATO Standard STANAG 4591.  All three different speech
   encoding rates and sample frames sizes are included.  Comfort noise
   procedures and packet loss concealment are detailed.  Also, within
   the document there are included necessary details for the use of MELP
   with SDP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-melpe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-melpe-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
payload mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/payload

_______________________________________________
payload mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/payload