Subject: Looking at the direction of the Routing Area

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:32:10 -0800

Folks,

  Would you be interested in a get together (perhaps Tuesday lunchtime)
in Minneapolis to talk about the direction of the routing area?
Are we covering the right important topics?  Are our policies working for
or against us?  Are we coordinating with the right external bodies?
What is our worst failing?

Thanks,
  Bill

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:58:41 +0100

Bill,

haven't seen any responses to this, but yes it is a good
idea, Tuesday lunch is between ccamp and l2vpn, so it would
work :)

/Loa

-- 
Loa Andersson

Principal Networking Architect
Acreo AB                           phone:  +46 8 632 77 14
Isafjordsgatan 22                  mobile: +46 739 81 21 64
Kista, Sweden                      email:  [email-masked]
                                            [email-masked]

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:55:13 -0800

Tuesday lunch is bad for a few people.  My next attempt will be
Sunday dinnertime, after the reception.  If we had a meeting room
and some way to get food (room service?), would people be willing
to do this?  I'd like to get a feeling for how many people might
be willing to attend so that we can ask for a room.

We've tried several times to have this kind of meeting at a bar or
restaurant but failed to manage to get everyone involved in (more than
a social) discussion; that's why I'm hoping to get a meeting room at
the hotel.

Thanks,
  Bill

---

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 08:48:14 -0500 (EST)

Sunday night wouldn't work for me.... Maybe Tuesday night dinner, or
Wednesday morning breakfast?

:-)

Russ

> a social) discussion; that's why I'm hoping to get a meeting room at

__________________________________
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:55:54 +0100

Tuesday dinner OK if there is not social, Wednesday morning
breakfast won't work for me, Sunday night would

/Loa

-- 
Loa Andersson

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:56:42 -0500

>Wednesday morning breakfast?
These are my preferences as well.

Acee

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:36:27 -0500

> These are my preferences as well.

I'll add a ditto to this with a preference towards Tuesday night dinner.

-- 
Jeff Haas 
NextHop Technologies

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:32:52 -0800

Although there was a lot of interest, I haven't been able to manage
to schedule something that everyone can make.  I think we should
plan on doing this in Paris, with much more lead time so ours can
be the one that everyone has to schedule around ;-)

  Bill

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:36:08 -0800 (PST)

Scheduling around Paris itself may be, well, challenging :-)

Kireeti.

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:56:58 -0800

That said, the good-n-old IETF method of having a discussion in a bar
can be used. An ad-hoc bar BOF on Sunday night is hereby scheduled :)

Also, we will bring the topic of a bigger picture to the RTGAREA meeting on
Monday. If you'd like to give a small talk on this--let us know.

-- 
Alex
http://www.psg.com/~zinin