Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-06-23 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 04:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2005-06-23).

Updated 2:26:42 EDT, June 20, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

            2.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

                           Enhancements for Authenticated Identity
               TSV         Management in the Session Initiation
                           Protocol (SIP) (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 7
                           draft-ietf-sip-identity-05.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Allison Mankin
               TSV         A One-way Active Measurement Protocol
                           (OWAMP) (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 7
                           draft-ietf-ippm-owdp-14.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: PROTO shepherd: Henk Uijterwaal,
                           [email-masked]
                    Token: Allison Mankin
               INT         Detecting Network Attachment (DNA) in IPv4
                           (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 7
                           draft-ietf-dhc-dna-ipv4-12.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Margaret Wasserman
               APP         The Atom Syndication Format (Proposed
                           Standard) - 4 of 7
                           draft-ietf-atompub-format-09.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]> is the
                           shepherd for the atompub working group.
                    Token: Scott Hollenbeck
               TSV         Session Initiation Protocol Call Control -
                           Conferencing for User Agents (BCP) - 5 of 7
                           draft-ietf-sipping-cc-conferencing-07.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                           Note: PROTO shepherd:
                           [email-masked]
                    Token: Allison Mankin
               APP         IMAP4 ACL extension (Proposed Standard) - 6
                           of 7
                           draft-ietf-imapext-2086upd-07.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Proto shepherd is Lisa Dusseault
                           <[email-masked]>
                    Token: Scott Hollenbeck
               SEC         X.509 Certificate Extension for S/MIME
                           Capabilities (Proposed Standard) - 7 of 7
                           draft-ietf-smime-certcapa-05.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Russ Housley

            2.1.2 Returning Item

               Area  Date

               APP         LDAP: The Protocol (Proposed Standard) - 1
                           of 3
                           draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-31.txt
                    Token: Ted Hardie
               APP         Network News Transfer Protocol (Proposed
                           Standard) - 2 of 3
                           draft-ietf-nntpext-base-27.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Document shepherd: Russ Allbery
                           <[email-masked]>
                           Returning to secure positive ballots needed
                           due to AD changes since the document was
                           last reviewed.
                    Token: Scott Hollenbeck
                           The Extensible Markup Language (XML)
               APP         Configuration Access Protocol (XCAP)
                           (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 3
                           draft-ietf-simple-xcap-07.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Returning to see if we can clear
                           Margaret's discuss.
                    Token: Ted Hardie

      2.2 Individual Submissions

            2.2.1 New Item

               Area  Date

                           Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
               APP         schema definitions for X.509 Certificates
                           (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 4
                           draft-zeilenga-ldap-x509-01.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Ted Hardie
               APP         The LDAP Assertion Control (Proposed
                           Standard) - 2 of 4
                           draft-zeilenga-ldap-assert-05.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Ted Hardie
               APP         LDAP Absolute True and False Filters
                           (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 4
                           draft-zeilenga-ldap-t-f-10.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Ted Hardie
               APP         LDAP Read Entry Controls (Proposed Standard)
                           - 4 of 4
                           draft-zeilenga-ldap-readentry-04.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Ted Hardie

            2.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.1.1 New Item

              Area  Date

                          RObust Header Compression (ROHC): ROHC over
              TSV         Channels that can Reorder Packets
                          (Informational) - 1 of 2
                          draft-ietf-rohc-over-reordering-03.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                          Note: PROTO shepherd:
                          [email-masked]
                   Token: Allison Mankin
              TSV         Session Initiation Protocol Torture Test
                          Messages (Informational) - 2 of 2
                          draft-ietf-sipping-torture-tests-07.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                          Note: Document was not released till there
                          were five full peer reviews.Â  Tests used in
                          interops.
                   Token: Allison Mankin

           3.1.2 Returning Item

               Area  Date

               OPS         Operational Considerations and Issues with
                           IPv6 DNS (Informational) - 1 of 1
                           draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-issues-10.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                           Note: To check on the status of the
                           resolution of Thomas DISCUSS.
                    Token: David Kessens

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            APP         Scripting Media Types (Informational) - 1 of 4
                        draft-hoehrmann-script-types-03.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Scott Hollenbeck
            APP         XHTML+Voice - application/xhtml-voice+xml
                        (Informational) - 2 of 4
                        draft-mccobb-xplusv-media-type-04.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Scott Hollenbeck
                        The W3C Speech Interface Framework Media Types:
                        application/voicexml+xml, application/ssml+xml,
            APP         application/srgs, application/srgs+xml,
                        application/ccxml+xml and application/pls+xml
                        (Informational) - 3 of 4
                        draft-froumentin-voice-mediatypes-02.txt [Open
                        Web Ballot]
                 Token: Scott Hollenbeck
            SEC         Attacks on Cryptographic Hashes in Internet
                        Protocols (Informational) - 4 of 4
                        draft-hoffman-hash-attacks-04.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Russ Housley

          3.2.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

             APP         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1
                         of 2
                         SMTP Service Extension for Indicating the
                         Responsible Submitter of an E-mail Message
                         (Experimental) - 1 of 2
                         draft-katz-submitter-01.txt
                         Note: Please check update ballot write-up
                         Sender ID: Authenticating E-Mail
                         (Experimental)
                         draft-lyon-senderid-core-01.txt
                         Note: Sent to dea-dir
                         Purported Responsible Address in E-Mail
                         Messages (Experimental)
                         draft-lyon-senderid-pra-01.txt
                         Note: Sent to dea-dir
                  Token: Ted Hardie
                         Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing
             APP         Use of Domains in E-MAIL, version 1
                         (Experimental) - 2 of 2
                         draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Please check updated ballot
                  Token: Ted Hardie

     3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
         to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

              3.3.1 New Item

                   Area  Date

                   GEN         Circuit Cross-Connect (Informational) -
                               1 of 1
                               draft-kompella-ccc-02.txt
                        Token: Mark Townsley

              3.3.2 Returning Item
                    NONE

4. Working Group Actions

       4.1 WG Creation

              4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                     Area  Date
                     INT  Jun 9  Manet Autoconfiguration (autoconf) - 1
                                 of 2
                          Token: Margaret
                     APP  Jun 16 Calendaring and Scheduling Standards
                                 Simplification (calsify) - 2 of 2
                          Token: Ted

              4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                     Area  Date
                     RTG  May 18 Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks
                                 (l1vpn) - 1 of 3
                          Token: Alex
                     INT  Jun 3  Transparent Interconnection of Lots of
                                 Links (trill) - 2 of 3
                          Token: Margaret
                     INT  Apr 28 Site Multihoming by IPv6
                                 Intermediation (shim6) - 3 of 3
                          Token: Margaret

       4.2 WG Rechartering

                 4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                     NONE
              4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                     Area  Date
                     INT  Jun 1  Protocol for carrying Authentication
                                 for Network Access (pana) - 1 of 1
                          Token: Mark

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News