Subject: RE: AD-review for draft-ietf-isis-*-interoperable

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 19:11:24 -0500

Alex -
	I have gone over the drafts, looking up the references in the 2002
draft of 10589.  There are more nits that I would like to fix (mostly adding
citations for things I couldn't find references to) but there are no
significant changes.

	The only security issue I saw this time was the one you pointed out:
TLV 10 vs 133.

	My take on the normative issue is that in the IP draft, only
sections 6.1 and 6.2 (TLV 131 and 133 depricated) are normative.  In
contrast, there are a number of issues in the ISO version that are
'normative' - but we can't call them that.  

	I will try to rev the drafts later this week, and will resend to the
'update' list formed for the draft.  

- jeff parker

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:50:04 -0800

Jeff,

> citations for things I couldn't find references to) but there are no

OK

>         The only security issue I saw this time was the one you pointed out:

I didn't think about this in detail, but it seems that no purging
invalid LSPs may have a security aspect too..

> 'normative' - but we can't call them that.

Oh, the comment I had was about the references, not about the text
itself... or am I missing your point?

> 'update' list formed for the draft.

Great.
I will start the IETF LC then.

Thanks.

Alex