Subject: Recruitment of Experimental SIRs

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:41:31 -0700

Just a note, in case anyone hasn't seen this.  Directorate members
are qualified to be a SIR if you want more work to do =).

  Bill

----- Begin forwarded message:

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Subject: Recruitment of Experimental SIRs
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:12:47 -0700
Organization: Brandenburg InternetWorking
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>

Folks,

We'd like to run a proof-of-concept version of the Senior Internet
Reviewer (SIR) activity, prior to obtaining formal IETF "blessing" for
it.

The proposal is discussed in:

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carpenter-solution-sirs-00.txt>

It recruits experienced IETF participants to provide additional and
iterative review to working group efforts.  The IETF community assigns
the status of SIR, but the working group recruits individual SIRs to do
reviews.

An experimental version of the service is at:

     <http://graybeards.net/sirs>

Anyone who is qualified to be a SIR, according to the objective
"bootstrapping" criteria in the proposal, should contact me to get
listed on the SIRS web page.

The objective are:

          *    all current IAB members

          *    all former IAB and IESG members, and former 
               WG Chairs, who the Secretariat can contact 
               and who are willing to serve

          *    all current MIB Doctors

          *    all members of existing IETF Directorates

          *    all authors of at least three RFCs, who the 
               Secretariat can contact and who are willing 
               to serve

Thanks.

d/

ps.  Suggestions for modifications to the proposal are still eagerly
sought.

--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:[email-masked]>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <http://www.brandenburg.com>
 Sunnyvale, CA  USA <tel:+1.408.246.8253>, <fax:+1.866.358.5301>

_______________________________________________
This message was passed through [email-masked], which is
a sublist of [email-masked]. Not all messages are passed. Decisions on what
to pass are made solely by Raffaele D'Albenzio.

----- End forwarded message: