Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-03-03 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 04:00:20 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2005-03-03).

Updated 2:27:37 EDT, February 28, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

  2.1 WG Submissions

    2.1.1 New Item

      Area  Date

      SUB         Link Bundling in MPLS Traffic Engineering (Proposed
                  Standard) - 1 of 13
                  draft-ietf-mpls-bundle-06.txt [Open Text Ballot]
                  Note: Has been pulled out of rfc-ed queue for a
                  problem fix. Back to IESG to approve the changes.
           Token: Alex Zinin
      SEC         HMAC-authenticated Diffie-Hellman for MIKEY (Proposed
                  Standard) - 2 of 13
                  draft-ietf-msec-mikey-dhhmac-09.txt [Open Web Ballot]
           Token: Russ Housley
      TSV         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 3 of 13
                  Profile for DCCP Congestion Control ID 2:TCP-like
                  Congestion Control (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 13
                  draft-ietf-dccp-ccid2-08.txt
                  Profile for DCCP Congestion Control ID 3:TFRC
                  Congestion Control (Proposed Standard)
                  draft-ietf-dccp-ccid3-09.txt
           Token: Allison Mankin
      TSV         Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) (Proposed
                  Standard) - 4 of 13
                  draft-ietf-dccp-spec-09.txt [Open Web Ballot]
           Token: Allison Mankin
      APP         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 5 of 13
                  Voice Messaging Directory Service (Proposed Standard)
                  - 5 of 13
                  draft-ietf-vpim-vpimdir-10.txt
                  Voice Message Routing Service (Proposed Standard)
                  draft-ietf-vpim-routing-09.txt
           Token: Scott Hollenbeck
      RTG         Removing a Restriction on the use of MPLS Explicit
                  NULL (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 13
                  draft-ietf-mpls-explicit-null-02.txt [Open Web
                  Ballot]
           Token: Alex Zinin
                  Encoding of Attributes for Multiprotocol Label
      RTG         Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP)
                  Establishment Using RSVP-TE (Proposed Standard) - 7
                  of 13
                  draft-ietf-mpls-rsvpte-attributes-04.txt [Open Web
                  Ballot]
           Token: Alex Zinin
      INT         Link Scoped IPv6 Multicast Addresses (Proposed
                  Standard) - 8 of 13
                  draft-ietf-ipv6-link-scoped-mcast-08.txt [Open Web
                  Ballot]
           Token: Margaret Wasserman
      INT         IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (Draft
                  Standard) - 9 of 13
                  draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
           Token: Margaret Wasserman
      SEC         The Use of RSA Signatures within ESP and AH (Proposed
                  Standard) - 10 of 13
                  draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-signatures-04.txt
           Token: Russ Housley
      SEC  Dec 29 The Anonymous SASL Mechanism (Proposed Standard) - 11
                  of 13
                  draft-ietf-sasl-anon-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]
           Token: Sam Hartman
                  An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Configuration
      APP         Access Protocol (XCAP) Usage for Manipulating
                  Presence Document Contents (Proposed Standard) - 12
                  of 13
                  draft-ietf-simple-xcap-pidf-manipulation-usage-02.txt
                  [Open Web Ballot]
           Token: Ted Hardie
      INT         Mobile Node Identifier Option for Mobile IPv6
                  (Proposed Standard) - 13 of 13
                  draft-ietf-mip6-mn-ident-option-02.txt [Open Web
                  Ballot]
           Token: Thomas Narten

    2.1.2 Returning Item

       Area  Date

                   Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate
       SEC         Request Message Format (CRMF) (Proposed Standard) -
                   1 of 1
                   draft-ietf-pkix-rfc2511bis-08.txt [Open Text Ballot]
                   Note: Significant changes have been made since the
                   last time the IESG looked at this document.  I want
                   to make sure that everyone is satisfied before
                   approving it.
            Token: Russ Housley

  2.2 Individual Submissions

           2.2.1 New Item

                 Area  Date
                 APP         Message Submission (Draft Standard) - 1 of
                             1
                             draft-gellens-submit-bis-01.txt [Open Web
                             Ballot]
                      Token: Ted Hardie

           2.2.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

3. Document Actions

    3.1 WG Submissions

        Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
        reasonable
        contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
        covers? If
        not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         Requirements for Edge-to-Edge Emulation of TDM
             TSV         Circuits over Packet Switching Networks (PSN)
                         (Informational) - 1 of 4
                         draft-ietf-pwe3-tdm-requirements-06.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: 2005-02-08: chairs indicate a respin is
                         in the works in response to AD review comments
                  Token: Thomas Narten
             TSV         RSVP Security Properties (Informational) - 2
                         of 4
                         draft-ietf-nsis-rsvp-sec-properties-06.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Allison Mankin
             INT         A Framework for transmission of IP datagrams
                         over MPEG-2 Networks (Informational) - 3 of 4
                         draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-03.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Margaret Wasserman
             INT         Authentication Protocol for Mobile IPv6
                         (Informational) - 4 of 4
                         draft-ietf-mip6-auth-protocol-04.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: 2005-02-15: Has a normative dependency
                         on
                         draft-ietf-mip6-mn-ident-option-02.txt, which
                         needs to go through IETF
                         LC first.
                  Token: Thomas Narten

          3.1.2 Returning Item
                NONE

    3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

        Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
        reasonable
        contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
        covers? If
        not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             APP         The wais URI Scheme (Historic) - 1 of 4
                         draft-hoffman-wais-uri-03.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Ted Hardie
             APP         The prospero URI Scheme (Historic) - 2 of 4
                         draft-hoffman-prospero-uri-03.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Ted Hardie
                         Mediating Network Discovery in the Extensible
             INT         Authentication Protocol (EAP) (Informational)
                         - 3 of 4
                         draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-10.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Margaret Wasserman
             APP         A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for
                         the CLEI Code (Informational) - 4 of 4
                         draft-tesink-urn-clei-00.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Ted Hardie

          3.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

    3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

        Reviews should focus on these questions: "Does this document
        represent an end run around the IETF's working groups
        or its procedures? Does this document present an incompatible
        change to IETF technologies as if it were compatible?" Other
        matters may be sent to the RFC Editor in private review.

        3.3.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            OPS  Mar 19 A Suggested Scheme for DNS Resolution of
                        Networks and Gateways (Informational) - 1 of 1
                        draft-warnicke-network-dns-resolution-05.txt
                        Note: 2005-02-23: I've reviewed this and do not
                        believe it conflicts with
                        any IETF work. I think is fine to be published
                        as an Independent
                        Submission.
                 Token: David Kessens

        3.3.2 Returning Item

          Area  Date

          INT         Verizon Wireless Dynamic Mobile IP Key Update for
                      cdma2000(R) Networks (Informational) - 1 of 2
                      draft-carroll-dynmobileip-cdma-04.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
                      Note: 2005-02-08: IESG: this document violates a
                      MUST NOT in radius, one that is not
                      insignificant. I.e., it relates to security
                      aspects/assumptions underlying radius.Â  So, it
                      'extends and embraces' an IETF protocol in a way
                      that warrants IETF review/acceptance.
               Token: Thomas Narten
          INT         National and Local Characters for DNS Top Level
                      Domain (TLD) Names (Informational) - 2 of 2
                      draft-klensin-idn-tld-04.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                      Note: 2005-02-10: I've reviewed this and do not
                      believe it conflicts with
                      any IETF work. I think is fine to be published as
                      an Independent
                      Submission
               Token: Thomas Narten

4. Working Group Actions

       4.1 WG Creation

                4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                        Area  Date
                        SEC  Feb 24 Better-Than-Nothing Security (btns)
                                    - 1 of 1
                             Token: Sam

              4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                     Area  Date
                     APP  Feb 8  Language Tag Registry Update (ltru) -
                                 1 of 3
                          Token: Ted
                     INT  Jan 19 IPv6 over IEEE 802.15.4 (lowpan) - 2
                                 of 3
                          Token: Thomas
                     INT  Feb 10 Transparent Interconnection of Lots of
                                 Links (trill) - 3 of 3
                          Token: Margaret

          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. Agenda Working Group News

6. IAB News We can use

7. Management Issues