Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-02-17 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 04:00:02 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2005-02-17).

Updated 2:27:15 EDT, February 14, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

           2.1.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              APP         Internet FAX Gateway Functions (Proposed
                          Standard) - 1 of 7
                          draft-ietf-fax-gateway-protocol-12.txt [Open
                          Text Ballot]
                   Token: Scott Hollenbeck
              RTG         BGP Extended Communities Attribute (Proposed
                          Standard) - 2 of 7
                          draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ext-communities-08.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Bill Fenner
                          Key Management Extensions for Session
              TSV         Description Protocol (SDP) and Real Time
                          Streaming Protocol (RTSP) (Proposed Standard)
                          - 3 of 7
                          draft-ietf-mmusic-kmgmt-ext-13.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Jon Peterson
                          Session Description Protocol Security
              TSV         Descriptions for Media Streams (Proposed
                          Standard) - 4 of 7
                          draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-09.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Jon Peterson
                          RObust Header Compression (ROHC):Context
              TSV         Replication for ROHC Profiles (Proposed
                          Standard) - 5 of 7
                          draft-ietf-rohc-context-replication-06.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Allison Mankin
                          The Extensible Markup Language (XML)
              APP         Configuration Access Protocol (XCAP)
                          (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 7
                          draft-ietf-simple-xcap-06.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Ted Hardie
                          Extensible Markup Language (XML) Formats for
              APP         Representing Resource Lists (Proposed
                          Standard) - 7 of 7
                          draft-ietf-simple-xcap-list-usage-05.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Ted Hardie

           2.1.2 Returning Item

              Area  Date

                          The Stream Control Transmission Protocol
              TSV         (SCTP) as a Transport for the Session
                          Initiation Protocol (SIP) (Proposed Standard)
                          - 1 of 1
                          draft-ietf-sip-sctp-06.txt [Open Text Ballot]
                   Token: Allison Mankin

           2.1.3 For Action

               Area  Date

               TSV         Requirements for ROHC IP/TCP Header
                           Compression (Informational) - 1 of 1
                           draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-requirements-08.txt
                    Token: Allison Mankin

      2.2 Individual Submissions

            2.2.1 New Item

               Area  Date

                           Addition of SEED Ciphersuites to Transport
               SEC         Layer Security (TLS) (Proposed Standard) - 1
                           of 3
                           draft-lee-tls-seed-01.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Russ Housley
               APP         The Standard Hexdump Format (Proposed
                           Standard) - 2 of 3
                           draft-strombergson-shf-05.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Needs revision to handle last call
                           comments
                    Token: Ted Hardie
               SEC         Guidelines for Cryptographic Key Management
                           (BCP) - 3 of 3
                           draft-bellovin-mandate-keymgmt-03.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Sam Hartman

            2.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

3. Document Actions

    3.1 WG Submissions

        Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
        reasonable
        contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
        covers? If
        not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         Mobile IP version 6 Route Optimization
             INT         Security Design Background (Informational) - 1
                         of 3
                         draft-ietf-mip6-ro-sec-02.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: 2005-02-08: ready for full IESG review
                  Token: Thomas Narten
             TSV         TCP/IP Field Behavior (Informational) - 2 of 3
                         draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-field-behavior-04.txt
                         Note: Sent to tcpm wg for their look
                  Token: Allison Mankin
             INT         Framework for L3VPN Operations and Management
                         (Informational) - 3 of 3
                         draft-ietf-l3vpn-mgt-fwk-03.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: 2005-02-09: only minor comments, will
                         put before the full IESG.
                  Token: Thomas Narten

          3.1.2 Returning Item

              Area  Date

              APP         Guideline of optional services for Internet
                          FAX Gateway (Informational) - 1 of 1
                          draft-ietf-fax-gateway-options-08.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Scott Hollenbeck

          3.1.3 For Action

              Area  Date

              TSV         Requirements for ROHC IP/TCP Header
                          Compression (Informational) - 1 of 1
                          draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-requirements-08.txt
                   Token: Allison Mankin

    3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

        Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
        reasonable
        contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
        covers? If
        not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             TSV         SIP Telephony Device Requirements and
                         Configuration (Informational) - 1 of 4
                         draft-sinnreich-sipdev-req-05.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: RFC-Editor note forthcoming to respond
                         to a few last-minute comments.
                  Token: Jon Peterson
             APP         The APPLICATION/MBOX Media-Type
                         (Informational) - 2 of 4
                         draft-hall-mime-app-mbox-04.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Scott Hollenbeck
             APP         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 3
                         of 4
                         SMTP Service Extension for Indicating the
                         Responsible Submitter of an E-mail Message
                         (Experimental) - 3 of 4
                         draft-katz-submitter-00.txt
                         Note: Sent to dea-dir
                         Sender ID: Authenticating E-Mail
                         (Experimental)
                         draft-lyon-senderid-core-00.txt
                         Note: Sent to dea-dir
                         Purported Responsible Address in E-Mail
                         Messages (Experimental)
                         draft-lyon-senderid-pra-00.txt
                         Note: Sent to dea-dir
                  Token: Ted Hardie
             APP         Sender Policy Framework: Authorizing Use of
                         Domains in E-MAIL (Experimental) - 4 of 4
                         draft-schlitt-spf-classic-00.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Sent to dea-dir for review
                  Token: Ted Hardie

          3.2.2 Returning Item

               Area  Date

               APP         The 'tag' URI scheme (Informational) - 1 of
                           1
                           draft-kindberg-tag-uri-07.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Ted Hardie

    3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

        Reviews should focus on these questions: "Does this document
        represent an end run around the IETF's working groups
        or its procedures? Does this document present an incompatible
        change to IETF technologies as if it were compatible?" Other
        matters may be sent to the RFC Editor in private review.

        3.3.1 New Item

           Area  Date

           GEN         LDAP Content Synchronization Operation
                       (Experimental) - 1 of 2
                       draft-zeilenga-ldup-sync-06.txt
                       Note: Via RFC-Editor
                Token: Ted Hardie
                       MAC-Forced Forwarding: A Method for Traffic
           INT         Separation on an Ethernet Access Network
                       (Informational) - 2 of 2
                       draft-melsen-mac-forced-fwd-03.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                Token: Thomas Narten

        3.3.2 Returning Item

          Area  Date

          INT         Verizon Wireless Dynamic Mobile IP Key Update for
                      cdma2000(R) Networks (Informational) - 1 of 4
                      draft-carroll-dynmobileip-cdma-04.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
                      Note: 2005-02-08: IESG: this document violates a
                      MUST NOT in radius, one that is not
                      insignificant. I.e., it relates to security
                      aspects/assumptions underlying radius.  So, it
                      'extends and embraces' an IETF protocol in a way
                      that warrants IETF review/acceptance.
               Token: Thomas Narten
          TSV         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 2 of 4
                      Reliable Multicast Transport Building Block: Tree
                      Auto-Configuration (Informational) - 2 of 4
                      draft-sjkoh-rmt-bb-tree-config-03.txt
                      Note: There is a note of concern from an RMT WG
                      Chair in the ballot comments:Â  these documents
                      retain all the RMT WG boilerplate.Â  History:Â
                      they were not handled by the WG because the
                      authors stopped work on them (stopped doing any
                      updates, did not appear for over a year), so
                      their work item was dropped by consensus.
                      Reliable Multicast Transport Building Block:Tree
                      based ACK (TRACK) Mechanisms (Informational)
                      draft-chiu-rmt-bb-track-03.txt
                      Note: Note sent to RMT Chairs reminding them of
                      these and suggesting reminder to WG (to avoid
                      surprise).  IESG ex-WG note to be put on.
               Token: Allison Mankin
          INT         National and Local Characters for DNS Top Level
                      Domain (TLD) Names (Informational) - 3 of 4
                      draft-klensin-idn-tld-04.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                      Note: 2005-02-10: I've reviewed this and do not
                      believe it conflicts with
                      any IETF work. I think is fine to be published as
                      an Independent
                      Submission
               Token: Thomas Narten
          INT         A Model of IPv6/IPv4 Dual Stack Internet Access
                      Service (Informational) - 4 of 4
                      draft-shirasaki-dualstack-service-04.txt [Open
                      Web Ballot]
                      Note: 2005-02-09: This seems fine to have the RFC
                      Editor publish as an
                      independent submission.
               Token: Thomas Narten

    3.3.3 For Action

        Area  Date

        GEN         Peer-to-Peer communication across Middleboxes
                    (Informational) - 1 of 1
                    draft-ford-midcom-p2p-03.txt
                    Note: Author has informed me that they are no
                    longer persuing this draft.
             Token: Jon Peterson

4. Working Group Actions

       4.1 WG Creation

              4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                     Area  Date
                     APP  Feb 8  Language Tag Registry Update (ltru) -
                                 1 of 2
                          Token: Ted
                     INT  Feb 10 Transparent Interconnection of Lots of
                                 Links (trill) - 2 of 2
                          Token: Margaret

                4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                         Area  Date
                         INT  Jan 20 Network Time Protocol (ntp) - 1 of
                                     2
                              Token: Thomas
                         INT  Jan 19 IPv6 over IEEE 802.15.4 (lowpan) -
                                     2 of 2
                              Token: Thomas

          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. Agenda Working Group News

6. IAB News We can use

7. Management Issues