Subject: Fwd: WG Review: Routing Area Working Group (rtgwg)

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:35:03 -0800

Folks-

 As the charter says, we would like to create this "generic" routing
 WG to give home to smaller work items that don't fit in existing WGs
 and are not big enough for their own ones, such as BTSH, or
 draft-hsmit-mpls-igp-spf-01.txt. Transport area has some positive
 experience with TSVWG, which RTGWG was modeled after.

-- 
Alex
http://www.psg.com/~zinin/

This is a forwarded message
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: 
Cc: 
Date: Tuesday, February 17, 2004, 6:38:43 AM
Subject: WG Review: Routing Area Working Group (rtgwg)

===8<==============Original message text===============
A new IETF working group has been proposed in the Routing Area. The IESG has not made 
any determination as yet. The following description was submitted, and is provided for 
informational purposes only. Please send your comments to the IESG mailing list 
([email-masked]) by February 19.

Routing Area Working Group (rtgwg)
----------------------------------

 Current Status: Proposed Working Group

 Description of Working Group:

 The Routing area receives occasional proposals for the development and
 publication of RFCs dealing with routing topics, but for which the
 required work does not rise to the level where a new working group is
 justified, yet the topic does not fit with an existing working group,
 and a single BOF would not provide the time to ensure a mature
 proposal. The rtgwg will serve as the forum for developing these types
 of proposals.

 The rtgwg mailing list will be used to discuss the proposals as they
 arise. The working group will meet if there are one or more active
 proposals that require discussion.

 The working group milestones will be updated as needed to reflect the
 proposals currently being worked on and the target dates for their
 completion. New milestones will be first reviewed by the IESG. The
 working group will be on-going as long as the ADs believe it serves a
 useful purpose.

===8<===========End of original message text===========