Subject: Comments on 10589 ISO interop

From: mike shand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:00:06 +0000

I've reviewed draft-ietf-isis-iso-interoparable-00.txt

I have no serious comments other than to ask whether we have precisely tied 
down the status of this document, especially since it covers matters 
germane to ISO/IEC 10589 itself. I know Alex has been working this general 
issue, and I just wonder whether the current state of that issue requires 
any changes to this document.

Other than that I just have a few nits. See below.

	Mike

0) Abstract

"This document discusses a number of differences between the IS-IS protocol 
as described in ISO 10589 [1]"

insert "and"

  "the protocol as it is deployed today."

and also

"A companion document discusses differences between the protocol described 
in RFC 1195 [3] for routing IP traffic."

between is a binary operator. Presumably it should read "and current 
practice", or some such.

1) last para of 7.2 "appropriate match" ->"appropriate notification" ?

2) last para of 7.3 "SHOULD generate a the" -> "SHOULD generate the"

3) In para 14 the statement

"Note that a purged LSP (i.e. an LSP with remaining lifetime set to 0 
and/or a zero checksum) is always considered newer than a non-purged copy 
of the same LSP. "

is inconsistent with para 11 (zero checksum)

Just omit the reference to the zero checksum.

[end]