Subject: IESG Agenda 2003-10-30

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 07:43:02 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next Telechat
(2003-10-30).

Updated 10:17:34 EDT, October 27, 2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

  * Roll Call
  * Bash the Agenda
  * Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
  * List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    2.1 WG Submissions

        2.1.1 New Item

          Area  Date

          RTG  Sep 19 Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (Draft Standard)
                      draft-ietf-vrrp-spec-v2-09.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                      Note: Implementation report available at
                      http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/
                      rfc-2338-implementation.txt
               Token: Alex Zinin
          OPS         Diameter Network Access Server Application (Proposed
                      Standard)
                      draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-nasreq-13.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
               Token: Randy Bush
          TSV         V5.2-User Adaption Layer (V5UA) (Proposed Standard)
                      draft-ietf-sigtran-v5ua-04.txt [Open Text Ballot]
               Token: Jon Peterson
          APP  Dec 6  Four-Document ballot:
                      SMTP Service Extension for Message Tracking
                      (Proposed Standard)
                      draft-ietf-msgtrk-smtpext-05.txt [Open Text Ballot]
                      Note: Added to IESG agenda to get remaining discuss
                      cleared
                      Message Tracking Query Protocol (Proposed Standard)
                      draft-ietf-msgtrk-mtqp-11.txt [Open Text Ballot]
                      Note: Needs to be revised per IESG comments
                      Message Tracking Model and Requirements
                      (Informational)
                      draft-ietf-msgtrk-model-07.txt [Open Text Ballot]
                      Note: Needs to be revised per IESG comments
                      An Extensible Message Format for Message Tracking
                      Responses (Proposed Standard)
                      draft-ietf-msgtrk-trkstat-05.txt [Open Text Ballot]
                      Note: Needs to be revised per IESG comments
               Token: Ned Freed
          APP  Nov 5  WebDAV Access Control Protocol (Proposed Standard)
                      draft-ietf-webdav-acl-12.txt [Open Text Ballot]
                      Note:
                      IESG comments returned to WG at Altanta meeting
               Token: Ted Hardie
          INT  Jan 29 L2TP Active Discovery Relay for PPPoE (Proposed
                      Standard)
                      draft-dasilva-l2tp-relaysvc-07.txt [Open Text
                      Ballot]
                      Note: 2003-10-23: This has been stuck for a while
                      due to a normative reference to an informational RFC
                      problem. This is not permitted per RFC 2026.
                      Proposed resolution: advance as informational for
                      now, but when a more general way forward is
                      identified, reclassify as PS. See
                      draft-ymbk-downref-00.txt
               Token: Thomas Narten
          GEN         Three-Document ballot:
                      IETF Rights in Contributions (BCP)
                      draft-ietf-ipr-submission-rights-08.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
                      Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology
                      (BCP)
                      draft-ietf-ipr-technology-rights-12.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
                      Guidelines for Working Groups on Intellectual
                      Property Issues (Informational)
                      draft-ietf-ipr-wg-guidelines-05.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
               Token: Harald Alvestrand
          APP         IMAP Extension for Conditional STORE operation
                      (Proposed Standard)
                      draft-ietf-imapext-condstore-04.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
                      Note: On IESG agenda 30-Oct-2003
               Token: Ned Freed
          APP         Three-Document ballot:
                      Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Option for
                      Location Configuration Information for GEOPRIV
                      (Proposed Standard)
                      draft-ietf-geopriv-dhcp-lci-option-02.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
                      Geopriv requirements (Informational)
                      draft-ietf-geopriv-reqs-04.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                      Threat Analysis of the geopriv Protocol
                      (Informational)
                      draft-ietf-geopriv-threat-analysis-01.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
               Token: Ted Hardie

        2.1.2 Returning Item

              Area  Date
              SEC         MIKEY: Multimedia Internet KEYing (Proposed
                          Standard)
                          draft-ietf-msec-mikey-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Russ Housley

    2.2 Individual Submissions

              2.2.1 New Item
                    NONE
              2.2.2 Returning Item
                    NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

       3.1.1 New Item

         Area  Date

         TSV         Telephony Signalling Transport over SCTP
                     applicability statement (Informational)
                     draft-ietf-sigtran-signalling-over-sctp-applic-09.txt
              Token: Jon Peterson
         TSV         Using TCP DSACKs and SCTP Duplicate TSNs to Detect
                     Spurious Retransmissions (Experimental)
                     draft-ietf-tsvwg-dsack-use-02.txt [Open Web Ballot]
              Token: Jon Peterson
         RTG         Generic Threats to Routing Protocols (Informational)
                     draft-ietf-rpsec-routing-threats-03.txt
              Token: Alex Zinin

       3.1.2 Returning Item

          Area  Date

          RTG         Topology Dissemination Based on Reverse-Path
                      Forwarding (TBRPF) (Experimental)
                      draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-11.txt
               Token: Alex Zinin
          INT         Unused DHCP Option Codes (Informational)
                      draft-ietf-dhc-unused-optioncodes-07.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
                      Note: Already approved by IESG, pulled back to
                      remove option codes that were actually in use.  Back
                      again for re-approval.
               Token: Margaret Wasserman
          APP         Cross Registry Internet Service Protocol (CRISP)
                      Requirements (Informational)
                      draft-ietf-crisp-requirements-06.txt [Open Text
                      Ballot]
                      Note: Revised based on comments from first run at
                      ballot
               Token: Ted Hardie

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

             3.2.1 New Item
                   NONE
             3.2.2 Returning Item

                  Area  Date

                  RTG         The Generalized TTL Security Mechanism
                              (GTSM) (Experimental)
                              draft-gill-gtsh-04.txt
                       Token: Alex Zinin

     3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

           3.3.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              APP  Jan 9  Netnews Administration System (NAS)
                          (Experimental)
                          draft-dfncis-netnews-admin-sys-06.txt
                          Note: AD review comments not completely
                          addressed but might as well get feedback from
                          the entire IESG at this point
                   Token: Ned Freed
              INT         Dynamic Mobile IP Key Update for cdma2000(R)
                          Networks (Informational)
                          draft-carroll-dynmobileip-cdma-01.txt
                   Token: Thomas Narten

           3.3.2 Returning Item
                 NONE
           3.3.3 To be assigned
                 Area Date
                           Internationalized Domain Names Registration and
                 GEN       Administration Guideline for Chinese, Japanese
                           and Korean
                           draft-jseng-idn-admin-05.txt

4. Working Group Actions

         4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                  Area  Date
                  TSV  Oct 24 Access Link Intermediaries Assisting
                              Services (alias)
                       Token: Jon

          4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                    Area  Date
                    SEC  Oct 8  Credential and Provisioning (enroll)
                         Token: Russ
                    INT  Oct 13 IP over DVB (ipdvb)
                         Token: Margaret

          4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                              NONE
          4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                              NONE

5. Agenda Working Group News

6. IAB News We can use

7. Management Issues

7.1 Deadlines for New and Returning Items on the Telechat Timetable and
Minimum Review Time for Internal Review of New and Rechartered Working
Groups. (Harald Alvestrand)