Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-01-06 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 04:00:02 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda                                  
                                                                               
Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next Telechat
(2005-01-06).

Updated 2:25:28 EDT, January 3, 2005
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions                                                        
                                                                               
          2.1.1 New Item                                                       

             Area  Date                                                        
                                                                               
                         Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Signaling Extensions for     
             RTG         G.709 Optical Transport Networks Control (Proposed    
                         Standard) - 1 of 5                                    
                         draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g709-08.txt [Open Web Ballot]  
                         Note: Participant in PROTO Team Pilot:                
                         Workgroup Chair Followup of AD Evaluation Comments    
                         http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/                  
                         draft-ietf-proto-ad-comments-pilot-00.txt             
                  Token: Alex Zinin                                            
             RTG         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 2 of 5     
                         Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)    
                         Recovery Functional Specification (Proposed Standard) 
                         - 2 of 5                                              
                         draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-functional-03.txt     
                         Note: Target Category is PS, not INFO as the doc says 
                         Recovery (Protection and Restoration) Terminology for 
                         Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)    
                         (Informational)                                       
                         draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-terminology-05.txt    
                         Note: Target Category is INFO, not PS as the doc says 
                         Analysis of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching
                         (GMPLS)-based Recovery Mechanisms (including          
                         Protection and Restoration) (Informational)           
                         draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-analysis-04.txt       
                  Token: Alex Zinin                                            
                         Generalize Multiprotocol Label Switching(GMPLS)       
             RTG         User-Network Interface (UNI): Resource ReserVation    
                         Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) Support for the
                         Overlay Model (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 5            
                         draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-overlay-05.txt [Open Web       
                         Ballot]                                               
                  Token: Alex Zinin                                            
             SEC         Security Architecture for the Internet Protocol       
                         (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 5                          
                         draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2401bis-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]  
                  Token: Russ Housley                                          
             APP         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 5 of 5     
                         LDAP:String Representation of Distinguished Names     
                         (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 5                          
                         draft-ietf-ldapbis-dn-15.txt                          
                         LDAP: String Representation of Search Filters         
                         (Proposed Standard)                                   
                         draft-ietf-ldapbis-filter-09.txt                      
                         LDAP: Directory Information Models (Proposed Standard)
                         draft-ietf-ldapbis-models-12.txt                      
                  Token: Ted Hardie                                            
                                                                               
          2.1.2 Returning Item                                                 

             Area  Date                                                        
                                                                               
             APP         Full-mode Fax Profile for Internet Mail: FFPIM        
                         (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 6                          
                         draft-ietf-fax-ffpim-08.txt [Open Web Ballot]         
                         Note: Returning because there aren't enough positive  
                         ballots for approval.Â  All old discusses have been   
                         cleared.  NOTE: doc has been updated to -08 from -07  
                         since the document was placed on the agenda.          
                  Token: Scott Hollenbeck                                      
             SUB  Dec 30 Four-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 2 of 6      
                         Protocol extensions for support of                    
                         Differentiated-Service-aware MPLS Traffic Engineering 
                         (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 6                          
                         draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-08.txt                  
                         Note: Back on Agenda to see if we can get the         
                         DISCUSSes cleared.                                    
                         Thomas and Alex ??                                    
                         Maximum Allocation Bandwidth Constraints Model for    
                         Diff-Serv-aware MPLS Traffic Engineering              
                         (Experimental)                                        
                         draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-mam-04.txt                    
                         Max Allocation with Reservation Bandwidth Constraint  
                         Model for MPLS/DiffServ TE & Performance Comparisons  
                         (Experimental)                                        
                         draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-mar-06.txt                    
                         Russian Dolls Bandwidth Constraints Model for         
                         Diff-Serv-aware MPLS Traffic Engineering              
                         (Experimental)                                        
                         draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-russian-07.txt                
                  Token: Bert Wijnen                                           
             RTG         Authentication/Confidentiality for OSPFv3 (Proposed   
                         Standard) - 3 of 6                                    
                         draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-06.txt [Open Web Ballot]  
                         Note: Participant in PROTO Team pilot:                
                         Working Group Chair Followup of DISCUSS Comments      
                         http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/                  
                         draft-ietf-proto-wgchair-discuss-pilot-01.txt         
                  Token: Bill Fenner                                           
             SEC  Sep 26 IP Authentication Header (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 6 
                         draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2402bis-10.txt [Open Web Ballot]  
                  Token: Russ Housley                                          
             SEC  Aug 4  Extended Sequence Number Addendum to IPsec DOI for    
                         ISAKMP (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 6                   
                         draft-ietf-ipsec-esn-addendum-03.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Russ Housley                                          
             SEC  Sep 26 IP Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) (Proposed     
                         Standard) - 6 of 6                                    
                         draft-ietf-ipsec-esp-v3-09.txt [Open Web Ballot]      
                  Token: Russ Housley                                          

     2.2 Individual Submissions                                                
                                                                               
             2.2.1 New Item                                                    
                                                                               
                 Area  Date                                                    
                                                                               
                 INT         Teredo: Tunneling IPv6 over UDP through NATs      
                             (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1                      
                             draft-huitema-v6ops-teredo-03.txt [Open Web       
                             Ballot]                                           
                      Token: Margaret Wasserman                                
                                                                               
             2.2.2 Returning Item                                              
                   NONE                                                        

3. Document Actions

       3.1 WG Submissions                                                      
                                                                               
           Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a        
           reasonable                                                          
           contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it covers? If
           not, what changes would make it so?"                                
                                                                               
              3.1.1 New Item                                                   
                                                                               
                  Area  Date                                                   
                                                                               
                  APP         Goals for Internet Messaging to Support Diverse  
                              Service Environments (Informational) - 1 of 1    
                              draft-ietf-lemonade-goals-05.txt [Open Web       
                              Ballot]                                          
                       Token: Ted Hardie                                       
                                                                               
              3.1.2 Returning Item                                             
                    NONE                                                       
                                                                               
       3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD                                       
                                                                               
           Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a        
           reasonable                                                          
           contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it covers? If
           not, what changes would make it so?"                                
                                                                               
                 3.2.1 New Item                                                
                       NONE                                                    
                 3.2.2 Returning Item                                          
                       NONE                                                    
                                                                               
       3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor                               
                                                                               
           Reviews should focus on these questions: "Does this document        
           represent an end run around the IETF's working groups               
           or its procedures? Does this document present an incompatible       
           change to IETF technologies as if it were compatible?" Other        
           matters may be sent to the RFC Editor in private review.            
                                                                               
              3.3.1 New Item                                                   
                    NONE                                                       
              3.3.2 Returning Item                                             
                                                                               
                  Area  Date                                                   
                                                                               
                  INT         Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP) Version 4 for
                              IPv4, IPv6 and OSI (Informational) - 1 of 1      
                              draft-mills-sntp-v4-00.txt                       
                              Note: 2004-11-24: Successful NTP BOF in          
                              Washington DC. This document will be             
                              taken over by the WG. Plan was (IIRC) to publish 
                              this document                                    
                              essentially as is as an informational (snapshot) 
                              and use the document                             
                              as the basis for a Standards Track document on   
                              NTP.                                             
                       Token: Thomas Narten                                    

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation                                                      
                                                                               
                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review                             
                                        NONE                                   
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval                                
                              Area  Date                                       
                              RTG  Dec 8  Path Computation Element (pce) - 1 of
                                          1                                    
                                   Token: Alex                                 
                                                                               
          4.2 WG Rechartering                                                  
                                                                               
                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review                     
                                        NONE                                   
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval                                
                              Area  Date                                       
                              RTG  Dec 8  Mobile Ad-hoc Networks (manet) - 1 of
                                          1                                    
                                   Token: Alex                                 

5. Agenda Working Group News

6. IAB News We can use

7. Management Issues