Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-07-07 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 04:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2005-07-07).

Updated 2:27:57 EDT, July 4, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         Enhancements for Authenticated Identity
             TSV         Management in the Session Initiation Protocol
                         (SIP) (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 4
                         draft-ietf-sip-identity-05.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Allison Mankin
                         Securing Mobile IPv6 Route Optimization Using
             INT         a Static Shared Key (Proposed Standard) - 2 of
                         4
                         draft-ietf-mip6-precfgkbm-03.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Margaret Wasserman
             INT         DHCP Options for Broadcast and Multicast
                         Control Servers (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 4
                         draft-ietf-dhc-bcmc-options-02.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Margaret Wasserman
             APP         The Atom Syndication Format (Proposed
                         Standard) - 4 of 4
                         draft-ietf-atompub-format-09.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]> is the
                         shepherd for the atompub working group.
                  Token: Scott Hollenbeck

          2.1.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

             RTG         BGP Extended Communities Attribute (Proposed
                         Standard) - 1 of 1
                         draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ext-communities-08.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Late addition; updated I-D hasn't been
                         submitted yet but is available at http://
                         homepage.mac.com/BillFenner/
                         draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ext-communities-09.txt .
                  Token: Bill Fenner

     2.2 Individual Submissions

          2.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         Domain Name System (DNS) Security Extensions
             OPS         Mapping for the Extensible Provisioning
                         Protocol (EPP) (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 2
                         draft-hollenbeck-epp-secdns-07.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Last call will end on 7/8.
                  Token: David Kessens
                         Identifiers and Test Vectors for HMAC-SHA-224,
             SEC         HMAC-SHA-256, HMAC-SHA-384, and HMAC-SHA-512
                         (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 2
                         draft-nystrom-smime-hmac-sha-02.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Russ Housley

          2.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.1.1 New Item
                 NONE
           3.1.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

                         IPv6 Host Configuration of DNS Server
             OPS         Information Approaches (Informational) - 1 of
                         1
                         draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-06.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Back to the IESG to discuss IESG note.
                  Token: David Kessens

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.2.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              TSV         Selectively Reliable Multicast Protocol
                          (SRMP) (Experimental) - 1 of 4
                          draft-pullen-srmp-06.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Allison Mankin
                          Requesting Attributes by Object Class in the
              APP         Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
                          (Informational) - 2 of 4
                          draft-zeilenga-ldap-adlist-10.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Ted Hardie
              APP         LDAP Modify-Increment Extension
                          (Informational) - 3 of 4
                          draft-zeilenga-ldap-incr-01.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Ted Hardie
              APP         LDAP Turn Operation (Experimental) - 4 of 4
                          draft-zeilenga-ldap-turn-02.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Ted Hardie

           3.2.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

     3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
         to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

          3.3.1 New Item
                NONE
          3.3.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

                         Suggested Practices for Registration of
             GEN         Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)
                         (Informational) - 1 of 1
                         draft-klensin-reg-guidelines-08.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: RFC Editor Individual Submission:
                         Recommending that we return RFC 3932 answer #1
                         (no conflict) with IESG note as included in
                         the ballot.
                  Token: Margaret Wasserman

     3.3.3 For Action

          Area  Date

          GEN         A Proposed Media Delivery Index (Informational) -
                      1 of 1
                      draft-welch-mdi-02.txt
               Token: Brian Carpenter

4. Working Group Actions

       4.1 WG Creation

                 4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                     NONE
              4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                     Area  Date
                     APP  Jun 16 Calendaring and Scheduling Standards
                                 Simplification (calsify) - 1 of 1
                          Token: Ted

       4.2 WG Rechartering

                 4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                     NONE
              4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                     Area  Date
                     INT  Jun 1  Protocol for carrying Authentication
                                 for Network Access (pana) - 1 of 1
                          Token: Mark

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News