Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-03-31 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 04:00:02 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2005-03-31).

Updated 2:26:26 EDT, March 28, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

         2.1.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            TSV         Interworking between SIP and QSIG (BCP) - 1 of
                        5
                        draft-ietf-sipping-qsig2sip-04.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Allison Mankin
                        A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event
            TSV         Package for Key Press Stimulus (KPML) (Proposed
                        Standard) - 2 of 5
                        draft-ietf-sipping-kpml-07.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Allison Mankin
            SEC         The Simple and Protected GSS-API Negotiation
                        Mechanism (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 5
                        draft-ietf-kitten-2478bis-05.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: proto shepherd: [email-masked]
                 Token: Sam Hartman
            INT         IPv6 Host to Router Load Sharing (Proposed
                        Standard) - 4 of 5
                        draft-ietf-ipv6-host-load-sharing-03.txt [Open
                        Web Ballot]
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman
            INT         Domain Name System (DNS) Case Insensitivity
                        Clarification (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 5
                        draft-ietf-dnsext-insensitive-05.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: 2005-01-25: AD review raises some
                        questions, then to IETF LC.
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman

         2.1.2 Returning Item

           Area  Date

           SEC         Five-Document ballot: [Open Text Ballot] - 1 of
                       4
                       SSH Protocol Architecture (Proposed Standard) -
                       1 of 4
                       draft-ietf-secsh-architecture-22.txt
                       Note: IPR Issues have greatly delayed this block
                       of documents.  At IETF 62, the IPR WG gave
                       advice that has been included in these
                       documents.  By approving these documents, the
                       IESG will be approving the approach recommended
                       by the IPR WG.
                       SSH Connection Protocol (Proposed Standard)
                       draft-ietf-secsh-connect-25.txt
                       SSH Transport Layer Protocol (Proposed Standard)
                       draft-ietf-secsh-transport-24.txt
                       SSH Authentication Protocol (Proposed Standard)
                       draft-ietf-secsh-userauth-27.txt
                       SSH Protocol Assigned Numbers (Proposed
                       Standard)
                       draft-ietf-secsh-assignednumbers-12.txt
                Token: Russ Housley
           TSV         RTP Retransmission Payload Format (Proposed
                       Standard) - 2 of 4
                       draft-ietf-avt-rtp-retransmission-11.txt [Open
                       Web Ballot]
                Token: Allison Mankin
           SEC  Sep 26 IP Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP)
                       (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 4
                       draft-ietf-ipsec-esp-v3-10.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                       Note: Placed on 2005-03-31 agenda to confirm
                       resolution of discuss positions.
                Token: Russ Housley
           SEC         GSAKMP (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 4
                       draft-ietf-msec-gsakmp-sec-08.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                Token: Russ Housley

     2.2 Individual Submissions

          2.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             APP         Attaching Meaning to Solicitation Class
                         Keywords (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 2
                         draft-malamud-keyword-discovery-03.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Scott Hollenbeck
             APP         Augmented BNF for Syntax Specifications: ABNF
                         (Draft Standard) - 2 of 2
                         draft-crocker-abnf-rfc2234bis-00.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: This document obsoletes RFC 2234.Â  It
                         was produced to address comments received
                         during the IESG evaluation of moving 2234 to
                         Draft Standard status.
                  Token: Scott Hollenbeck

          2.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.1.1 New Item
                 NONE
           3.1.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

                         IPv6 Host Configuration of DNS Server
             OPS         Information Approaches (Informational) - 1 of
                         1
                         draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-05.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Back to the IESG to check new version
                  Token: David Kessens

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.2.1 New Item

              Area  Date

                          Policy-Mandated Labels Such as "Adv:" in
              APP         Email Subject Headers Considered Ineffective
                          At Best (Informational) - 1 of 2
                          draft-malamud-subject-line-03.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Scott Hollenbeck
              APP         Common Format and MIME Type for CSV Files
                          (Informational) - 2 of 2
                          draft-shafranovich-mime-csv-03.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Scott Hollenbeck

           3.2.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

     3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Does this document
         represent an end run around the IETF's working groups
         or its procedures? Does this document present an incompatible
         change to IETF technologies as if it were compatible?" Other
         matters may be sent to the RFC Editor in private review.

          3.3.1 New Item
                NONE
          3.3.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

                         OSPF-xTE: An experimental extension to OSPF
             RTG         for Traffic Engineering (Experimental) - 1 of
                         2
                         draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-07.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: The previous concern was the use of an
                         unallocated bit; the update uses the OSPF
                         Capabilites LSA for signalling and
                         draft-ietf-ospf-cap-06 assigns it bit # 9.
                  Token: Bill Fenner
                         MAC-Forced Forwarding: A Method for Traffic
             INT         Separation on an Ethernet Access Network
                         (Informational) - 2 of 2
                         draft-melsen-mac-forced-fwd-03.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Back on agenda to resolve IPv6 issues
                         noted by Margaret.
                  Token: Mark Townsley

4. Working Group Actions

        4.1 WG Creation

                  4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                      NONE
                4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                        Area  Date
                        SEC  Mar 8  Better-Than-Nothing Security (btns)
                                    - 1 of 1
                             Token: Sam

        4.2 WG Rechartering

                4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                        Area  Date
                        INT  Mar 10 IP over Resilient Packet Rings
                                    (iporpr) - 1 of 1
                             Token: Mark

                  4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                      NONE

5. Agenda Working Group News

6. IAB News We can use

7. Management Issues