Subject: New rtg.ietf.org site

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:13:17 -0700

Hey, everyone,

  I've created a new rtg.ietf.org site.  It has much more potential
than the previous one, in that you can easily upload content via
ftp or webdav instead of typing it into a stupid little browser
window.  See, for example, the bfd wg page, where Jeff easily uploaded
the ietf60 minutes and presentations.

  I put parsed-out versions of the charters on each wg's page; these
will be automatically updated from the www.ietf.org charter page.
There is a news section in which I'm trying to copy the really-important
parts of ietf-announce and other related stuff; it's
http://rtg.ietf.org/news or for RSS, http://rtg.ietf.org/allnews/RSSTopic
(and headlines appear in a box on the right of the home page).

  Future plans include per-WG draft status trackers something like
http://www.mip4.org/drafts/ and possibly issue trackers if desired.

  I'd like to hear what people think of the new site, and what you'd
like to see.  If you want write access to your wg's area, just let me
know.  I'm working on some more detailed documentation on how to use
this stuff via webdav.

  Bill

---

From: dimitri papadimitriou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:46:43 +0200

hi bill,

Bill Fenner wrote:

> know.  

imho you have done a very nice job here; now, it would also be 
interesting to have:

o) a specific link to the latest IESG meeting minutes

o) a pointer to the incoming/outgoing items with other areas

o) a more specific section/window for the routing area meeting, minutes, 
slides, etc.

thanks,
- dimitri.

> I'm working on some more detailed documentation on how to use
> this stuff via webdav.
> 
>   Bill
> 
> 
> .
>