Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-01-20 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 04:00:03 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda                                  
                                                                               
Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next Telechat
(2005-01-20).

Updated 2:31:1 EDT, January 17, 2005
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions                                                        
                                                                               
           2.1.1 New Item                                                      

              Area  Date                                                       
                                                                               
                          Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMPv6)for the    
              INT         Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Specification     
                          (Draft Standard) - 1 of 7                            
                          draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-v3-06.txt [Open Web Ballot]   
                   Token: Margaret Wasserman                                   
              SEC         Addition of Camellia Ciphersuites to Transport Layer 
                          Security (TLS) (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 7          
                          draft-ietf-tls-camellia-06.txt [Open Web Ballot]     
                   Token: Russ Housley                                         
              TSV         RTP Payload Format for Uncompressed Video (Proposed  
                          Standard) - 3 of 7                                   
                          draft-ietf-avt-uncomp-video-06.txt [Open Web Ballot] 
                          Note: - [email-masked] is WG Chair   
                          Shepherd                                             
                          - The writeup has an RFC Editor note with revisions  
                          of the Media Type (so it doesn't imply               
                            video/raw will also be a file format in future) -  
                          this rev was aired on types list.                    
                          - i-d was not rev'd after Feb.  I was holding during 
                          long congestion control debate.  MUST                
                            it have updated ipr boilerplate??                  
                   Token: Allison Mankin                                       
              RTG         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 4 of 7    
                          Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)   
                          Recovery Functional Specification (Proposed Standard)
                          - 4 of 7                                             
                          draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-functional-03.txt    
                          Note: Target Category is PS, not INFO as the doc says
                          Recovery (Protection and Restoration) Terminology for
                          Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)   
                          (Informational)                                      
                          draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-terminology-05.txt   
                          Note: Target Category is INFO, not PS as the doc says
                          Analysis of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label         
                          Switching (GMPLS)-based Recovery Mechanisms          
                          (including Protection and Restoration)               
                          (Informational)                                      
                          draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-analysis-04.txt      
                   Token: Alex Zinin                                           
              SEC         GSAKMP (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 7                  
                          draft-ietf-msec-gsakmp-sec-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]  
                   Token: Russ Housley                                         
              APP         Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 6 of 7      
                          Functional Description of Event Notification         
                          Filtering (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 7               
                          draft-ietf-simple-event-filter-funct-04.txt          
                          An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Based Format for 
                          Event Notification Filtering (Proposed Standard)     
                          draft-ietf-simple-filter-format-04.txt               
                   Token: Ted Hardie                                           
              APP         LDAP: Uniform Resource Locator (Proposed Standard) - 
                          7 of 7                                               
                          draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-09.txt [Open Web Ballot]      
                   Token: Ted Hardie                                           
                                                                               
           2.1.2 Returning Item                                                

              Area  Date                                                       
                                                                               
              APP         SMTP and MIME Extensions For Content Conversion      
                          (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1                         
                          draft-ietf-fax-esmtp-conneg-12.txt [Open Web Ballot] 
                          Note: Returning to (hopefully) clear the last discuss
                          and to secure the additional ballots needed for      
                          approval.                                            
                   Token: Scott Hollenbeck                                     

     2.2 Individual Submissions                                                
                                                                               
          2.2.1 New Item                                                       

            Area  Date                                                         
                                                                               
            GEN         Structure of the IETF Administrative Support Activity  
                        (IASA) (BCP) - 1 of 1                                  
                        draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-04.txt [Open Web Ballot]           
                        Note: This document is still under discussion on the   
                        IETF list.                                             
                        A revision (-04) is expected on Friday, Jan 14.        
                        I (Harald) am putting it before the IESG on Jan 20 to  
                        make sure formal IESG processing does not cause delay  
                        that is not warranted. I will hold a DISCUSS on the    
                        document until it is clear that the IETF discussion is 
                        finished.                                              
                 Token: Harald Alvestrand                                      
                                                                               
          2.2.2 Returning Item                                                 
                NONE                                                           

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions                                                        
                                                                               
         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a          
         reasonable                                                            
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it covers? If  
         not, what changes would make it so?"                                  
                                                                               
          3.1.1 New Item                                                       

             Area  Date                                                        
                                                                               
                         F-RTO: An Algorithm for Detecting Spurious            
             TSV         Retransmission Timeouts with TCP and SCTP             
                         (Experimental) - 1 of 8                               
                         draft-ietf-tcpm-frto-02.txt [Open Web Ballot]         
                  Token: Jon Peterson                                          
             TSV         Requirements for Internet Media Guides (Informational)
                         - 2 of 8                                              
                         draft-ietf-mmusic-img-req-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]    
                  Token: Jon Peterson                                          
             TSV         A Framework for the Usage of Internet Media Guides    
                         (Informational) - 3 of 8                              
                         draft-ietf-mmusic-img-framework-08.txt [Open Web      
                         Ballot]                                               
                  Token: Jon Peterson                                          
             APP         Goals for Internet Messaging to Support Diverse       
                         Service Environments (Informational) - 4 of 8         
                         draft-ietf-lemonade-goals-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]    
                  Token: Ted Hardie                                            
             OPS         IPv4 Multihoming Motivation, Practices and Limitations
                         (Informational) - 5 of 8                              
                         draft-ietf-multi6-v4-multihoming-03.txt [Open Web     
                         Ballot]                                               
                  Token: David Kessens                                         
             OPS         Architectural Approaches to Multi-Homing for IPv6     
                         (Informational) - 6 of 8                              
                         draft-ietf-multi6-architecture-03.txt [Open Web       
                         Ballot]                                               
                  Token: David Kessens                                         
             OPS         Things MULTI6 Developers should think about           
                         (Informational) - 7 of 8                              
                         draft-ietf-multi6-things-to-think-about-01.txt [Open  
                         Web Ballot]                                           
                  Token: David Kessens                                         
             INT         Host Identity Protocol Architecture (Informational) - 
                         8 of 8                                                
                         draft-ietf-hip-arch-02.txt [Open Web Ballot]          
                  Token: Margaret Wasserman                                    
                                                                               
          3.1.2 Returning Item                                                 

             Area  Date                                                        
                                                                               
             INT         State Machines for Extensible Authentication Protocol 
                         (EAP) Peer and Authenticator (Informational) - 1 of 1 
                         draft-ietf-eap-statemachine-06.txt [Open Web Ballot]  
                         Note: Went back toÂ  the WG to address late issues    
                         raised while in RFC Editor queue that resulted in     
                         substantive changes.  Back on IESG agenda to be       
                         checked before being sent to the RFC Editor (again).  
                  Token: Margaret Wasserman                                    

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD                                         
                                                                               
         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a          
         reasonable                                                            
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it covers? If  
         not, what changes would make it so?"                                  
                                                                               
           3.2.1 New Item                                                      

              Area  Date                                                       
                                                                               
              APP         Simple New Mail Notification (Informational) - 1 of 3
                          draft-gellens-notify-mail-01.txt [Open Web Ballot]   
                   Token: Scott Hollenbeck                                     
              APP         A URN Namespace for the TV-Anytime Forum             
                          (Informational) - 2 of 3                             
                          draft-kameyama-tv-anytime-urn-02.txt [Open Web       
                          Ballot]                                              
                          Note: Reviewed by the URN Nid list some time ago, but
                          expired before it was seen by IESG.Â  Recently       
                          re-issued.                                           
                   Token: Ted Hardie                                           
              INT         Proposed changes to the format of the IANA IPv6      
                          Registry (Informational) - 3 of 3                    
                          draft-huston-ip6-iana-registry-04.txt [Open Web      
                          Ballot]                                              
                          Note: Has been reviewed by the IPv6 and v6ops WG     
                          (there were minor comments).                         
                   Token: Thomas Narten                                        
                                                                               
           3.2.2 Returning Item                                                
                 NONE                                                          
                                                                               
     3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor                                 
                                                                               
         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Does this document          
         represent an end run around the IETF's working groups                 
         or its procedures? Does this document present an incompatible         
         change to IETF technologies as if it were compatible?" Other          
         matters may be sent to the RFC Editor in private review.              
                                                                               
               3.3.1 New Item                                                  
                     NONE                                                      
               3.3.2 Returning Item                                            
                     NONE                                                      

4. Working Group Actions

       4.1 WG Creation                                                         
                                                                               
              4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review                                   
                     Area  Date                                                
                     TSV  Jan 3  Emergency Context Resolution with Internet    
                                 Technologies (ecrit) - 1 of 1                 
                          Token: Jon                                           
                                                                               
                 4.1.2 Proposed for Approval                                   
                                     NONE                                      
          4.2 WG Rechartering                             
                                                          
                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE              
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval           
                                        NONE              

5. Agenda Working Group News

6. IAB News We can use

7. Management Issues