Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-05-26 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 04:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2005-05-26).

Updated 2:26:20 EDT, May 23, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

         2.1.1 New Item

            Area  Date

                        Definitions of Managed Objects for High
            OPS  May 16 Bit-Rate DSL - 2nd generation (HDSL2) and
                        Single-Pair High-Speed Digital Subscriber Line
                        (SHDSL) Lines (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 5
                        draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-10.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: This document is still shepherded by AD
                        (Bert)
                 Token: Bert Wijnen
            SEC         Pre-Shared Key Ciphersuites for Transport Layer
                        Security (TLS) (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 5
                        draft-ietf-tls-psk-08.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Russ Housley
                        Ultra Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) for
            INT         transmission of IP datagrams over an MPEG-2
                        Transport Stream (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 5
                        draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman
            INT         Optimistic Duplicate Address Detection for IPv6
                        (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 5
                        draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-05.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Margaret Wasserman
            TSV         IANA Registration for Enumservice VOID
                        (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 5
                        draft-ietf-enum-void-01.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                        Note: Last Call ends 5/25 (no controversy
                        expected)
                        PROTO shepherd Rich Shockey [email-masked]
                 Token: Allison Mankin

         2.1.2 Returning Item

           Area  Date

           INT         DHCP Lease Query (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                       draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-08.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                       Note: Returning to update the status of current
                       discusses from Ted, Russ and Bert, to resolve
                       the status of old discusses from Thomas and
                       Steve, and to determine what blocking issues (if
                       any) remain in the latest version of this
                       document.  Thanks.
                Token: Margaret Wasserman

     2.2 Individual Submissions

            2.2.1 New Item

                Area  Date

                TSV         The Codecs Parameter for "Bucket" Media
                            Types (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 2
                            draft-gellens-mime-bucket-03.txt [Open Web
                            Ballot]
                     Token: Allison Mankin
                APP         The gopher URI Scheme (Proposed Standard) -
                            2 of 2
                            draft-hoffman-gopher-uri-03.txt [Open Web
                            Ballot]
                     Token: Ted Hardie

            2.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

                3.1.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.1.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.2.1 New Item

               Area  Date

                           Identity selection hints for Extensible
               INT         Authentication Protocol (EAP)
                           (Informational) - 1 of 5
                           draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-13.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Margaret Wasserman
               GEN         Requirements for an IETF Draft Submission
                           Toolset (Informational) - 2 of 5
                           draft-ietf-tools-draft-submission-09.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Brian Carpenter
               APP         Media subtype registration for media type
                           text/troff (Informational) - 3 of 5
                           draft-lilly-text-troff-03.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Scott Hollenbeck
               SEC         HOTP: An HMAC-based One Time Password
                           Algorithm (Informational) - 4 of 5
                           draft-mraihi-oath-hmac-otp-04.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Russ Housley
               SEC         The SEED Encryption Algorithm
                           (Informational) - 5 of 5
                           draft-lee-rfc4009bis-01.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Russ Housley

            3.2.2 Returning Item

               Area  Date

               APP         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1
                           of 1
                           SMTP Service Extension for Indicating the
                           Responsible Submitter of an E-mail Message
                           (Experimental) - 1 of 1
                           draft-katz-submitter-01.txt
                           Note: Revision received; please review 01
                           Sender ID: Authenticating E-Mail
                           (Experimental)
                           draft-lyon-senderid-core-01.txt
                           Note: Sent to dea-dir
                           Purported Responsible Address in E-Mail
                           Messages (Experimental)
                           draft-lyon-senderid-pra-01.txt
                           Note: Sent to dea-dir
                    Token: Ted Hardie

      3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Does this document
          represent an end run around the IETF's working groups
          or its procedures? Does this document present an incompatible
          change to IETF technologies as if it were compatible?" Other
          matters may be sent to the RFC Editor in private review.

                3.3.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.3.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

4. Working Group Actions

        4.1 WG Creation

                4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                        Area  Date
                        RTG  May 18 Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks
                                    (l1vpn) - 1 of 1
                             Token: Alex

                  4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                      NONE
          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                              Area  Date
                              OPS  May 12 ADSL MIB (adslmib) - 1 of 1
                                   Token: Bert

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News