Subject: IESG agenda for 2004-12-02 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:07:57 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda                                  
                                                                               
Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next Telechat
(2004-12-02).

Updated 18:24:36 EDT, December 1, 2004
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions                                                       
                                                                               
           2.1.1 New Item                                                      
                                                                               
               Area  Date                                                      
                                                                               
               INT         OSPF as the Provider/Customer Edge Protocol for BGP/
                           MPLS IP VPNs (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 4           
                           draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospf-2547-02.txt [Open Web Ballot] 
                           Note: 2004-11-24: Ready for full IESG review. Also, 
                           depends on                                          
                           draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ext-communities-07.txt to set up 
                           IANA registry that                                  
                           is populated by this document (see comment from IANA
                           in log).                                            
                    Token: Thomas Narten                                       
               INT         Multicast Router Discovery (Proposed Standard) - 2  
                           of 4                                                
                           draft-ietf-magma-mrdisc-03.txt [Open Web Ballot]    
                    Token: Margaret Wasserman                                  
               GEN  May 11 Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 3 of 4     
                           IAB Processes for management of liaison             
                           relationships (BCP) - 3 of 4                        
                           draft-iab-liaison-mgt-02.txt                        
                           Procedure for Handling Liaison Statements Between   
                           Standards Bodies (BCP)                              
                           draft-baker-liaison-statements-02.txt               
                           Note: See also draft-iab-liaison-mgt                
                    Token: Harald Alvestrand                                   
               GEN         RTP Payload for Text Conversation (Proposed         
                           Standard) - 4 of 4                                  
                           draft-ietf-avt-rfc2793bis-09.txt [Open Web Ballot]  
                           Note: text/red is in revision to be text payload    
                           types only                                          
                           RFC Editor Note will change IANA Considerations to  
                           note text/t140 is an update, not new                
                    Token: Allison Mankin                                      
                                                                               
           2.1.2 Returning Item                                                

              Area  Date                                                       
                                                                               
              RTG         Eight-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1 of 5    
                          A Border Gateway Protocol 4 (BGP-4) (Draft Standard) 
                          - 1 of 5                                             
                          draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-26.txt                           
                          Note: Back on the agenda to resolve remaining        
                          DISCUSS'es                                           
                          BGP 4 Implementation Report (Informational)          
                          draft-ietf-idr-bgp-implementation-02.txt             
                          Definitions of Managed Objects for the Fourth Version
                          of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP-4) (Proposed         
                          Standard)                                            
                          draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mib-15.txt                       
                          BGP Security Vulnerabilities Analysis (Informational)
                          draft-ietf-idr-bgp-vuln-01.txt                       
                          BGP-4 Protocol Analysis (Informational)              
                          draft-ietf-idr-bgp-analysis-06.txt                   
                          Experience with the BGP-4 Protocol (Informational)   
                          draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-experience-protocol-05.txt       
                          BGP MIB V1 implementation survey (Informational)     
                          draft-ietf-idr-bgp-mibagent-survey-02.txt            
                          Standards Maturity Variance Regarding the TCP MD5    
                          Signature Option (RFC 2385) and the BGP-4            
                          Specification (Informational)                        
                          draft-iesg-tcpmd5app-01.txt                          
                   Token: Alex Zinin                                           
              INT         Simple Network Time Protocol Configuration Option for
                          DHCPv6 (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 5                  
                          draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-sntp-01.txt [Open Web      
                          Ballot]                                              
                          Note: Back on the agenda for re-review by Thomas.    
                          Thomas does this address your discuss?               
                   Token: Margaret Wasserman                                   
              INT         Unique Local IPv6 Unicast Addresses (Proposed        
                          Standard) - 3 of 5                                   
                          draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-08.txt [Open Web   
                          Ballot]                                              
                          Note: Ted, Bill and Alex, could you please check if  
                          your concerns have been addressed?Â  If not, please  
                          let me know what issues remain.Â  Thanks.            
                                                                               
                          Question for all:Â  What should we do regarding      
                          possible ARIN issues with this document?             
                   Token: Margaret Wasserman                                   
              INT         IP Tunnel MIB (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 5           
                          draft-ietf-ipv6-inet-tunnel-mib-03.txt [Open Web     
                          Ballot]                                              
                          Note: Back on agenda to check if IANA issues have    
                          been addressed.Â  Michelle and Bert, are there any   
                          further concerns?                                    
                   Token: Margaret Wasserman                                   
              INT         Management Information Base for the User Datagram    
                          Protocol (UDP) (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 5          
                          draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2013-update-04.txt [Open Web      
                          Ballot]                                              
                          Note: Authors have responded to IANA questions.      
                          Michelle and Bert, are there any remaining issues?   
                   Token: Margaret Wasserman                                   

      2.2 Individual Submissions                                               
                                                                               
                2.2.1 New Item                                                 
                      NONE                                                     
                2.2.2 Returning Item                                           
                      NONE                                                     

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions                                                       
                                                                               
          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a         
          reasonable                                                           
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it covers? If 
          not, what changes would make it so?"                                 
                                                                               
              3.1.1 New Item                                                   
                                                                               
                  Area  Date                                                   
                                                                               
                  INT         Detecting Network Attachment in IPv6 Goals       
                              (Informational) - 1 of 3                         
                              draft-ietf-dna-goals-03.txt [Open Web Ballot]    
                       Token: Margaret Wasserman                               
                  OPS         Threats relating to IPv6 multihoming solutions   
                              (Informational) - 2 of 3                         
                              draft-ietf-multi6-multihoming-threats-02.txt     
                              [Open Web Ballot]                                
                       Token: David Kessens                                    
                  OPS         IPv6 Multicast Deployment Issues (Informational) 
                              - 3 of 3                                         
                              draft-ietf-mboned-ipv6-multicast-issues-01.txt   
                              [Open Web Ballot]                                
                       Token: David Kessens                                    
                                                                               
              3.1.2 Returning Item                                             
                    NONE                                                       
                                                                               
      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD                                        
                                                                               
          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a         
          reasonable                                                           
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it covers? If 
          not, what changes would make it so?"                                 
                                                                               
            3.2.1 New Item                                                     

               Area  Date                                                      
                                                                               
                           Extensible Authentication Protocol Method for 3rd   
               INT         Generation Authentication and Key Agreement         
                           (EAP-AKA) (Informational) - 1 of 4                  
                           draft-arkko-pppext-eap-aka-14.txt [Open Web Ballot] 
                           Note: 2004-11-23: Ready for full IESG review (when  
                           -14 appears). Note:                                 
                           needed by 3GPP; document has been reviewed by EAP WG
                           for conformance                                     
                           with EAP, but security properties have not (and will
                           not) be                                             
                           reviewed. Document has been submitted a independent 
                           submission to RFC                                   
                           Editor, but 3GPP (via liaison discussions) has      
                           requested that the                                  
                           document be reviewed by IETF for conformance with   
                           EAP.                                                
                    Token: Thomas Narten                                       
                           Extensible Authentication Protocol Method for GSM   
               INT         Subscriber Identity Modules (EAP-SIM)               
                           (Informational) - 2 of 4                            
                           draft-haverinen-pppext-eap-sim-15.txt [Open Web     
                           Ballot]                                             
                           Note: 2004-11-23: Ready for full IESG review (when  
                           -15 appears). Note:                                 
                           needed by 3GPP; document has been reviewed by EAP WG
                           for conformance                                     
                           with EAP, but security properties have not (and will
                           not) be                                             
                           reviewed. Document has been submitted a independent 
                           submission to RFC                                   
                           Editor, but 3GPP (via liaison discussions) has      
                           requested that the                                  
                           document be reviewed by IETF for conformance with   
                           EAP.                                                
                    Token: Thomas Narten                                       
                           The 'info' URI Scheme for Information Assets with   
               APP         Identifiers in Public Namespaces (Informational) - 3
                           of 4                                                
                           draft-vandesompel-info-uri-02.txt [Open Web Ballot] 
                    Token: Ted Hardie                                          
               GEN         Using Universal Content Identifier as Uniform       
                           Resource Names (Informational) - 4 of 4             
                           draft-sangug-uci-urn-00.txt [Open Web Ballot]       
                    Token: Ted Hardie                                          
                                                                               
            3.2.2 Returning Item                                               
                  NONE                                                         
                                                                               
      3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor                                
                                                                               
          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Does this document         
          represent an end run around the IETF's working groups                
          or its procedures? Does this document present an incompatible        
          change to IETF technologies as if it were compatible?" Other         
          matters may be sent to the RFC Editor in private review.             
                                                                               
             3.3.1 New Item                                                    
                                                                               
                 Area  Date                                                    
                                                                               
                 TSV         Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-H.323           
                             Interworking Requirements (Informational) - 1 of 1
                             draft-agrawal-sip-h323-interworking-reqs-07.txt   
                             [Open Web Ballot]                                 
                      Token: Jon Peterson                                      
                                                                               
             3.3.2 Returning Item                                              
                   NONE                                                        

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation                         
                                                  
                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE      
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval   
                                        NONE      
          4.2 WG Rechartering                             
                                                          
                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE              
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval           
                                        NONE              

5. Agenda Working Group News

6. IAB News We can use

7. Management Issues

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:28:31 -0800

I now have a cron job that sends these the Monday before the telechat,
when the agenda is basically finalized.

  Bill