Subject: Re: Draft L1VPN Charter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 10:05:19 +0200

alex

> Do you believe proposed text of the charter should be changed

yes

> if so how?

1. Basic mode: the CE-PE interface's functional repertoire is limited to
   path setup signalling only. The GMPLS network is involved in the
   distribution of user's routing information (e.g. reachable CE
interfaces,
   VPN associated information, etc.) between PEs.

thanks,
- dimitri.

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 09:32:06 -0700

Dimitri,

  This isn't really user's routing info (as e.g. customer prefixes would be).
  How about we simply don't say anything about what exactly PEs exchange?
  Limiting the CE-PE interface to signalling already sets the upper limit
  for the info PEs can potentially exchange.
  
-- 
Alex
http://www.psg.com/~zinin