Subject: Revising RFC 1264

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:57:07 -0700

Folks-

 // bcc'ed to rtg-chairs and rtg-dir

 As it has been discussed multiple times at the RTG area meeting, RFC 1264
 defining standardization criteria for protocols in RTG area needed to be
 revised. Below is the revision Bill and I promised to deliver by the Paris
 IETF.

 Please read, comment, and post your opinions to [email-masked]
 We will have a time slot for this at the RTG area meeting in Paris.
 
-- 
Alex
http://www.psg.com/~zinin

This is a forwarded message
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 
Date: Monday, July 11, 2005, 12:50:02 PM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fenner-zinin-rtg-standard-reqts-00.txt

===8<==============Original message text===============
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internet Routing Protocol Standardization Criteria
	Author(s)	: B. Fenner, A. Zinin
	Filename	: draft-fenner-zinin-rtg-standard-reqts-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2005-7-11
	
   This document provides guidance for the advancement of the protocols
   produced within the IETF Routing Area.  It places implementation and
   interoperability constraints on protocols earlier in the standards
   process than RFC 2026, based on RFC 2026's provision that the IESG
   may require implementation and/or operational experience prior to
   granting Proposed Standard status to a specification that materially
   affects the core Internet protocols or that specifies behavior that
   may have significant operational impact on the Internet.

   We also discuss the applicability of these rules to protocols and
   their extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fenner-zinin-rtg-standard-reqts-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fenner-zinin-rtg-standard-reqts-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fenner-zinin-rtg-standard-reqts-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

===8<===========End of original message text===========

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fenner-zinin-rtg-standard-reqts-00.txt