Subject: Fwd: Last Call: 'Operational Security Requirements for IP Network Infrastructure' to BCP

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:58:07 -0800

FYI. It will show up on the agenda and I will ask for a review.

-- 
Alex
http://www.psg.com/~zinin/

This is a forwarded message
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: 
Cc: 
Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2003, 11:52:51 AM
Subject: Last Call: 'Operational Security Requirements for IP Network          Infrastructure' to BCP

===8<==============Original message text===============
The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the 
following document:

- 'Operational Security Requirements for IP Network Infrastructure '
   <draft-jones-opsec-03.txt> as a BCP

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2004-01-14.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jones-opsec-03.txt

===8<===========End of original message text===========

---

From: Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:53:51 -0500

I read this in detail yesterday and again today (it definitely has
a lot of good stuff in it, and is well worth reading at least twice). 
I sent comments to the author this afternoon. 

I think that this is a very good document on an important and
urgent topic. 

I gather from an email from Barry Greene that this was taken from
an internal service provider requirements document. This is not at 
all surprising, since it is too complete and too well done for any 
one person to have just typed it up over thanksgiving weekend. ;-)

Ross

---

From: Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:10:30 -0800

Thanks a lot for reading this, Ross!