Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-02-03 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 04:00:01 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2005-02-03).

Updated 2:31:9 EDT, January 31, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             OPS  Jan 27 COPS Over TLS (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 5
                         draft-ietf-rap-cops-tls-10.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: IESG: This document is in IETF Last
                         Call, but the I (Bert) wants to get
                         Â  Â  Â  IESG review comments at Feb 3
                         telechat, so I can try and finsih this
                         Â  Â  Â  before I go absent for a while.
                         IESG: Pls also note that I already have a set
                         of RFC-Editor notes that need
                         Â  Â  Â  to be applied to the document.
                  Token: Bert Wijnen
             TSV         IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) metrics registry
                         (BCP) - 2 of 5
                         draft-ietf-ippm-metrics-registry-08.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Allison Mankin
                         Data Over Cable System Interface Specification
             OPS  Jan 27 Quality of Service Management Information Base
                         (DOCSIS-QOS MIB) (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 5
                         draft-ietf-ipcdn-qos-mib-11.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Bert Wijnen
             OPS  Jan 27 Two-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 4 of
                         5
                         Definitions of Managed Object Extensions for
                         Very High Speed Digital Subscriber Lines
                         (VDSL) Using Multiple Carrier Modulation (MCM)
                         Line Coding (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 5
                         draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl-ext-mcm-06.txt
                         Definitions of Managed Object Extensions for
                         Very High Speed Digital Subscriber Lines
                         (VDSL) Using Single Carrier Modulation (SCM)
                         Line Coding (Proposed Standard)
                         draft-ietf-adslmib-vdsl-ext-scm-08.txt
                  Token: Bert Wijnen
             OPS         The Network Access Identifier (Proposed
                         Standard) - 5 of 5
                         draft-ietf-radext-rfc2486bis-03.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: David Kessens

          2.1.2 Returning Item
                NONE

     2.2 Individual Submissions

           2.2.1 New Item
                 NONE
           2.2.2 Returning Item

               Area  Date

               SEC         Randomness Requirements for Security (BCP) -
                           1 of 2
                           draft-eastlake-randomness2-10.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Russ Housley
               GEN         Structure of the IETF Administrative Support
                           Activity (IASA) (BCP) - 2 of 2
                           draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                           Note: This document is still under
                           discussion on the IETF list.
                           A (hopefully) final revision (-06) is
                           expected on Tuesday, Feb 1.
                           That version is expected to have new text on
                           appeals, but otherwise only minor edits.
                    Token: Harald Alvestrand

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         Guidelines for Authors of Extensions to the
             TSV         Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
                         (Informational) - 1 of 5
                         draft-ietf-sip-guidelines-08.txt
                  Token: Allison Mankin
             INT         Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers for 802.11 Networks
                         (Informational) - 2 of 5
                         draft-ietf-mipshop-80211fh-03.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Thomas Narten
                         Requirements for End-to-middle Security for
             TSV         the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
                         (Informational) - 3 of 5
                         draft-ietf-sipping-e2m-sec-reqs-05.txt
                  Token: Allison Mankin
             OPS         Architectural Approaches to Multi-Homing for
                         IPv6 (Informational) - 4 of 5
                         draft-ietf-multi6-architecture-03.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: David Kessens
             INT         Host Identity Protocol Architecture
                         (Informational) - 5 of 5
                         draft-ietf-hip-arch-02.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Margaret Wasserman

          3.1.2 Returning Item

            Area  Date

            APP         XML Voucher: Generic Voucher Language
                        (Informational) - 1 of 2
                        draft-ietf-trade-voucher-lang-07.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: All old discusses have been cleared.
                        Returning for the additional approvals needed
                        for publication.  This is one of the last two
                        documents needed to finish the work of the
                        TRADE working group.
                 Token: Scott Hollenbeck
            APP         Voucher Trading System Application Programming
                        Interface (VTS-API) (Informational) - 2 of 2
                        draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-06.txt [Open
                        Web Ballot]
                        Note: This is one of the last two documents
                        needed to finish the work of the TRADE working
                        group.
                 Token: Scott Hollenbeck

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.2.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              APP         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1
                          of 2
                          SMTP Service Extension for Indicating the
                          Responsible Submitter of an E-mail Message
                          (Experimental) - 1 of 2
                          draft-katz-submitter-00.txt
                          Note: Sent to dea-dir
                          Sender ID: Authenticating E-Mail
                          (Experimental)
                          draft-lyon-senderid-core-00.txt
                          Note: Sent to dea-dir
                          Purported Responsible Address in E-Mail
                          Messages (Experimental)
                          draft-lyon-senderid-pra-00.txt
                          Note: Sent to dea-dir
                   Token: Ted Hardie
              APP         Sender Policy Framework: Authorizing Use of
                          Domains in E-MAIL (Experimental) - 2 of 2
                          draft-schlitt-spf-classic-00.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Sent to dea-dir for review
                   Token: Ted Hardie

           3.2.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

     3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Does this document
         represent an end run around the IETF's working groups
         or its procedures? Does this document present an incompatible
         change to IETF technologies as if it were compatible?" Other
         matters may be sent to the RFC Editor in private review.

           3.3.1 New Item

              Area  Date

                          MAC-Forced Forwarding: A Method for Traffic
              INT         Separation on an Ethernet Access Network
                          (Informational) - 1 of 1
                          draft-melsen-mac-forced-fwd-03.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Thomas Narten

           3.3.2 Returning Item
                 NONE
     3.3.3 For Action

         Area  Date

         OPS  Mar 19 A Suggested Scheme for DNS Resolution of Networks
                     and Gateways (Informational) - 1 of 3
                     draft-warnicke-network-dns-resolution-05.txt
                     Note: RFC-Editor is reviewing (External Party)
              Token: Harald Alvestrand
         GEN         National and Local Characters for DNS Top Level
                     Domain (TLD) Names (Informational) - 2 of 3
                     draft-klensin-idn-tld-04.txt
              Token: Harald Alvestrand
         GEN         A Model of IPv6/IPv4 Dual Stack Internet Access
                     Service (Informational) - 3 of 3
                     draft-shirasaki-dualstack-service-04.txt
              Token: Harald Alvestrand

4. Working Group Actions

       4.1 WG Creation

                4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                         Area  Date
                         INT  Jan 20 Network Time Protocol (ntp) - 1 of
                                     2
                              Token: Thomas
                         INT  Jan 19 IPv6 over IEEE 802.15.4 (lowpan) -
                                     2 of 2
                              Token: Thomas

              4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                    Area  Date
                    TSV  Jan 3  Emergency Context Resolution with
                                Internet Technologies (ecrit) - 1 of 1
                         Token: Jon

          4.2 WG Rechartering

                   4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                            Area  Date
                            INT  Jan 20 DNS Extensions (dnsext) - 1 of
                                        2
                                 Token: Thomas
                            INT  Jan 19 Mobility for IPv4 (mip4) - 2 of
                                        2
                                 Token: Thomas

                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. Agenda Working Group News

6. IAB News We can use

7. Management Issues