Subject: New rtg.ietf.org activated

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:18:51 -0800

After going home early from the IETF meeting, I had some time on my
hands so installed a shared web content system ("phpnuke") on rtg.ietf.org ,
to facilitate some of the information sharing that we talked about
last Sunday night.

I'm still working on a site overview for people (like me) not
familiar with this style of interactive system.  There are three
main types of content:

- News.  These are things like the working group summaries I've posted,
  perhaps announcements of working group last calls, etc.
- "Content".  These are static pages that can be edited by WG chairs or
  designated users.  I put one up in IDMR about IGMPv3, thinking that
  maybe there would be a page of "Content" per document, but I'm not
  completely sure.
- Forums.  I have set up some forums but haven't played with them at all.

What I'd like from you as the directorate is to play with this site a little
and explore how you think it could be used for the kinds of interactions
we'd like to facilitate.  (Or, tell me to stop wasting my time on this
since it's not going to work).

Thanks,
  Bill

---

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:54:34 -0800

Nice Bill. Thanks for doing this. Dave