Subject: IESG agenda for 2007-02-08 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 04:00:01 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2007-02-08).

Updated 2:2:26 EDT, February 5, 2007
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

            2.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

                           A Policy Control Mechanism is IS-IS Using
               RTG         Administrative Tags (Proposed Standard) - 1
                           of 9
                           draft-ietf-isis-admin-tags-03.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Bill Fenner
                           Extensions to OSPF for Advertising Optional
               RTG         Router Capabilities (Proposed Standard) - 2
                           of 9
                           draft-ietf-ospf-cap-09.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                           Note: The PROTO shepherd is Rohit Dube
                           <[email-masked]>
                    Token: Bill Fenner
               RTG         IS-IS Extensions for Advertising Router
                           Information (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 9
                           draft-ietf-isis-caps-06.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Bill Fenner
               RTG         Autonomous System Confederations for BGP
                           (Draft Standard) - 4 of 9
                           draft-ietf-idr-rfc3065bis-06.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Bill Fenner
                           Generic Aggregate Resource ReSerVation
               TSV         Protocol (RSVP) Reservations (Proposed
                           Standard) - 5 of 9
                           draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-ipsec-04.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Shepherd is James Polk
                           ([email-masked])
                    Token: Magnus Westerlund
               INT         Fail Over extensions for L2TP "failover"
                           (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 9
                           draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-11.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Final version is
                           draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-12.txt, which
                           contains small edits and was submitted on 1/
                           30/07
                    Token: Mark Townsley
                           Deployment Considerations for
               APP         lemonade-compliant Mobile Email (BCP) - 7 of
                           9
                           draft-ietf-lemonade-deployments-04.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Ted Hardie
               INT         Secure Connectivity and Mobility using
                           Mobile IPv4 and MOBIKE (BCP) - 8 of 9
                           draft-ietf-mip4-mobike-connectivity-02.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                           Note: Document Shepherd is
                           <[email-masked]>
                    Token: Jari Arkko
               INT         Mobile IPv4 Message String Extension
                           (Proposed Standard) - 9 of 9
                           draft-ietf-mip4-message-string-ext-02.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                           Note: Document Shepherd is
                           <[email-masked]>
                    Token: Jari Arkko

            2.1.2 Returning Item

               Area  Date

               INT         Neighbor Discovery for IP version 6 (IPv6)
                           (Draft Standard) - 1 of 2
                           draft-ietf-ipv6-2461bis-10.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Brian Haberman
                           <[email-masked]> is the Document
                           shepherd
                           NOTE: Tentatively put on the agenda. Still
                           need to check if everything was actually
                           revised correctly
                    Token: Jari Arkko
               RTG         Protocol Independent Multicast MIB (Proposed
                           Standard) - 2 of 2
                           draft-ietf-pim-mib-v2-09.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Re-issued Last Call for downref to
                           PIM-DM.  Revised Last Call expires Feb 8.
                    Token: Bill Fenner

      2.2 Individual Submissions

            2.2.1 New Item

               Area  Date

                           Using HMAC-SHA-256, HMAC-SHA-384, and
               SEC         HMAC-SHA-512 With IPsec (Proposed Standard)
                           - 1 of 1
                           draft-kelly-ipsec-ciph-sha2-01.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Russ Housley

            2.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.1.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            APP         Overview and Framework for Internationalized
                        Email (Informational) - 1 of 1
                        draft-ietf-eai-framework-04.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                        Note: The Document Shepherd is Harald
                        Alvestrand.  A version removing editorial
                        artifacts and dealing with gen-art nits will be
                        posted as -05, but review of -04 should be
                        fine.
                 Token: Ted Hardie

          3.1.2 Returning Item

              Area  Date

              INT         IP Address Location Privacy and Mobile IPv6:
                          Problem Statement (Informational) - 1 of 1
                          draft-ietf-mip6-location-privacy-ps-04.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: PROTO Shepherd is Gopal Dommety
                          <gdommety@cisco>.
                          NOTE: Expecting a revised ID -05 before the
                          telechat!
                          NOTE: There are RFC Editor notes!
                   Token: Jari Arkko

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

               3.2.1 New Item
                     NONE
               3.2.2 Returning Item
                     NONE

     3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
         to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

          3.3.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              GEN         Common Local Transmit and Receive Ports
                          (Symmetric RTP) (Informational) - 1 of 1
                          draft-wing-behave-symmetric-rtprtcp-01.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: Note this is an RFC 3932 review
                   Token: Magnus Westerlund

          3.3.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

             RAI         SIP Interface to VoiceXML Media Services
                         (Informational) - 1 of 1
                         draft-burke-vxml-02.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: This is an individual submission to the
                         RFC Editor being shepherded through the IESG
                         review process by Cullen Jennings.
                  Token: Cullen Jennings

4. Working Group Actions

       4.1 WG Creation

                 4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                     NONE
              4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                     Area  Date
                     RAI  Jan 4  Peer-to-Peer Session Initiation
                                 Protocol (p2psip) - 1 of 1
                          Token: Cullen

       4.2 WG Rechartering

             4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                   Area  Date
                   RAI  Jan 24 SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence
                               Leveraging Extensions (simple) - 1 of 1
                        Token: Jon

                 4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                     NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Removing unnecessary access control (Brian Carpenter)
6.2 Expert for approved document: draft-newman-i18n-comparator-14.txt
[IANA #60294] (Michelle Cotton)

7. Working Group News