Subject: IESG agenda for 2007-02-22 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 04:00:01 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2007-02-22).

Updated 2:2:25 EDT, February 19, 2007
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

           2.1.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              RAI         A Telephony Gateway REgistration Protocol
                          (TGREP) (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 8
                          draft-ietf-iptel-tgrep-08.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Proto shepherd in Jonathan Rosenberg
                   Token: Cullen Jennings
              RTG         Bi-directional Protocol Independent Multicast
                          (BIDIR-PIM) (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 8
                          draft-ietf-pim-bidir-08.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Bill Fenner
                          Authenticated Chunks for Stream Control
              TSV         Transmission Protocol (SCTP) (Proposed
                          Standard) - 3 of 8
                          draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-auth-07.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Magnus Westerlund
              INT         Fail Over extensions for L2TP "failover"
                          (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 8
                          draft-ietf-l2tpext-failover-11.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Mark Townsley
              INT         Enhanced Route Optimization for Mobile IPv6
                          (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 8
                          draft-ietf-mipshop-cga-cba-03.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Mark Townsley
              INT         Wildcard Pseudowire Type (Proposed Standard)
                          - 6 of 8
                          draft-ietf-pwe3-wildcard-pw-type-02.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Mark Townsley
                          Deployment Considerations for
              APP         lemonade-compliant Mobile Email (BCP) - 7 of
                          8
                          draft-ietf-lemonade-deployments-05.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Ted Hardie
                          Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Multiple
              SEC         Signer Clarification (Proposed Standard) - 8
                          of 8
                          draft-ietf-smime-cms-mult-sign-03.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Sam Hartman

           2.1.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

     2.2 Individual Submissions

          2.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             GEN         Five-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 1 of
                         2
                         Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X) (Proposed
                         Standard) - 1 of 2
                         draft-legg-xed-asd-07.txt
                         Robust XML Encoding Rules (RXER) for Abstract
                         Syntax Notation One (ASN.1) (Proposed
                         Standard)
                         draft-legg-xed-rxer-07.txt
                         Encoding Instructions for the Robust XML
                         Encoding Rules (RXER) (Proposed Standard)
                         draft-legg-xed-rxer-ei-04.txt
                         Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X)
                         Representation of Encoding Instructions for
                         the Generic String Encoding Rules (GSER)
                         (Proposed Standard)
                         draft-legg-xed-asd-gserei-03.txt
                         Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X)
                         Representation of Encoding Instructions for
                         the XML Encoding Rules (XER) (Proposed
                         Standard)
                         draft-legg-xed-asd-xerei-03.txt
                  Token: Ted Hardie
             GEN         RFC 4181 Update to Recognize the IETF Trust
                         (BCP) - 2 of 2
                         draft-heard-rfc4181-update-00.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Dan Romascanu

          2.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

3. Document Actions

  3.1 WG Submissions

      Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
      reasonable
      contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it covers?
      If
      not, what changes would make it so?"

       3.1.1 New Item

          Area  Date

                      Codepoint Registry for The Flags Field in the
          RTG         Resource Reservation Protocol Traffic Engineering
                      (RSVP-TE) Session Attribute Object
                      (Informational) - 1 of 2
                      draft-ietf-mpls-iana-rsvp-session-flags-00.txt
                      [Open Web Ballot]
               Token: Bill Fenner
          INT         Problem Statement: Dual Stack Mobility
                      (Informational) - 2 of 2
                      draft-ietf-mip6-dsmip-problem-03.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
                      Note: PROTO shepherd is Basavaraj Patil
                      <[email-masked]>
                      NOTE: There are significant RFC Editor notes!
               Token: Jari Arkko

       3.1.2 Returning Item
             NONE

  3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

      Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
      reasonable
      contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it covers?
      If
      not, what changes would make it so?"

        3.2.1 New Item

           Area  Date

           APP         A URN Namespace for GEANT (Informational) - 1 of
                       2
                       draft-kalin-geant-urn-namespace-01.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                       Note: Sent to URN-NID list for review in
                       November of 2006
                Token: Ted Hardie
                       A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for
           APP         Extensions to the Extensible Messaging and
                       Presence Protocol (XMPP) (Informational) - 2 of
                       2
                       draft-saintandre-xmpp-urn-02.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                       Note: Sent to URN-NID list in November of 2006
                Token: Ted Hardie

        3.2.2 Returning Item
              NONE

  3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

      The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
      found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
      IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
      <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
      that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
      not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
      document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
      therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
      approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
      IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
      therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG approval.

      Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
      to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

    3.3.1 New Item

      Area  Date

      GEN         Multi-homing for small scale fixed network Using
                  Mobile IP and NEMO (Experimental) - 1 of 1
                  draft-nagami-mip6-nemo-multihome-fixed-network-03.txt
                  [Open Web Ballot]
           Token: Jari Arkko

    3.3.2 Returning Item
          NONE
  3.3.3 For Action

      Area  Date

      GEN         A Configuration Profile Schema for LDAP-based agents
                  (Informational) - 1 of 1
                  draft-joslin-config-schema-17.txt
                  Note: Proposed for response 2, note 2 of RFC 3932
           Token: Ted Hardie

4. Working Group Actions

         4.1 WG Creation

                   4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                       NONE
                  4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                          Area  Date
                          RAI  Jan 4  Media Server Control (mediactrl)
                                      - 1 of 2
                               Token: Cullen
                          TSV  Feb 2  Pre-Congestion Notification (pcn)
                                      - 2 of 2
                               Token: Lars

       4.2 WG Rechartering

                 4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                     NONE
             4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                   Area  Date
                   RAI  Jan 24 SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence
                               Leveraging Extensions (simple) - 1 of 1
                        Token: Jon

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Expert for RFC4236 [IANA #62135] (Michelle Cotton)
6.2 Approve ion-procdocs (Brian Carpenter)

7. Working Group News