Subject: IESG agenda for 2007-05-10 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 04:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2007-05-10).

Updated 2:2:27 EDT, May 7, 2007
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

            2.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               SEC         The Incident Object Description Exchange
                           Format (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 8
                           draft-ietf-inch-iodef-12.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Sam Hartman
               SEC  Feb 24 OpenPGP Message Format (Proposed Standard) -
                           2 of 8
                           draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-22.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Sam Hartman
               RAI         RTP Payload Format for Generic Forward Error
                           Correction (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 8
                           draft-ietf-avt-ulp-21.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                           Note: Colin is Shepherd.
                    Token: Cullen Jennings
                           A Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) Service
               RAI         Registration for Instant Messaging (IM)
                           Services (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 8
                           draft-ietf-enum-im-service-02.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Jon Peterson
               APP         Sieve: An Email Filtering Language (Proposed
                           Standard) - 5 of 8
                           draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis-12.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Lisa Dusseault
                           Extended Kerberos Version 5 Key Distribution
               SEC         Center (KDC) Exchanges Over TCP (Proposed
                           Standard) - 6 of 8
                           draft-ietf-krb-wg-tcp-expansion-02.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                           Note: Proto Shepherd: [email-masked]
                    Token: Sam Hartman
               SEC         ESS Update: Adding CertID Algorithm Agility
                           (Proposed Standard) - 7 of 8
                           draft-ietf-smime-escertid-06.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Tim Polk
               RTG         ICMP Extensions for MultiProtocol Label
                           Switching (Proposed Standard) - 8 of 8
                           draft-ietf-mpls-icmp-08.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Ross Callon

            2.1.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

      2.2 Individual Submissions

             2.2.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               GEN         Feed Paging and Archiving (Proposed
                           Standard) - 1 of 3
                           draft-nottingham-atompub-feed-history-09.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Lisa Dusseault
               APP         The LDAP entryDN Operational Attribute
                           (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 3
                           draft-zeilenga-ldap-entrydn-02.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Chris Newman
               APP         Augmented BNF for Syntax Specifications:
                           ABNF (Standard) - 3 of 3
                           draft-crocker-rfc4234bis-00.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Lisa Dusseault

             2.2.2 Returning Item
                   NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.1.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            RAI         Infrastrucure ENUM Requirements (Informational)
                        - 1 of 1
                        draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-enum-reqs-03.txt
                        [Open Web Ballot]
                 Token: Jon Peterson

          3.1.2 Returning Item
                NONE

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             APP         The Dublin Core Metadata Element Set
                         (Informational) - 1 of 2
                         draft-kunze-rfc2413bis-07.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Lisa Dusseault
                         A Uniform Resource Name Namespace For The GSM
             APP         Association (GSMA) and the International
                         Mobile station Equipment Identity(IMEI)
                         (Experimental) - 2 of 2
                         draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-01.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Lisa Dusseault

          3.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

     3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
         to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

           3.3.1 New Item

              Area  Date

                          Survey of Research towards Robust
              GEN         Peer-to-Peer Networks: Search Methods
                          (Informational) - 1 of 1
                          draft-irtf-p2prg-survey-search-01.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Russ Housley

           3.3.2 Returning Item
                 NONE
     3.3.3 For Action

          Area  Date

          GEN         ODETTE File Transfer Protocol 2.0 (Informational)
                      - 1 of 1
                      draft-friend-oftp2-04.txt
               Token: Lisa Dusseault

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
         4.2 WG Rechartering

                  4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                           Area  Date
                           SEC  May 1  S/MIME Mail Security (smime) - 1
                                       of 1
                                Token: Tim

                   4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                       NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 RFC 4636 expert (Jari Arkko)
6.2 IANA Expert for RFC 4044 (Dan Romascanu)
6.3 IESG approval of ion-tsv-alt-cc.txt (Lars Eggert)
6.4 Confirmation of replacement expert for PPP Numbers [IANA #73733]
(Michelle Cotton)
6.5 IANA Expert for RFC 2932 (Jari Arkko)

7. Working Group News

---

From: Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:46:44 -0400

I have started reviewing draft-ooms-xcast-basic-spec
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ooms-xcast-basic-spec-11.txt
and would like to put it onto the IESG agenda either next week or
in three weeks.

For this document we don't actually have authority to say whether
it is published, since it is an independent submission via the RFC
editor (and is experimental). However, we still have significant
influence on whether it is published and if so whether some
appropriate (or otherwise) warnings are included.

I would welcome comments if anyone on the routing area directorate
wants to review this. If you expect to get me comments but need
more than a week, then please let me know by the end of the day
tomorrow so that I can determine whether to put it on the agenda in
one week or in three weeks.

Thanks, Ross